Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Wafflekinz

Is it possible to change the default skin? Empty Is it possible to change the default skin?

Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:25 pm
I would like all new notes to open in a certain skin, rather than the default yellow stickies. I tried just deleting the "stickies8.ssk" file and only leaving the .ssk for the skin I want to use. But it still somehow opens all new notes in the yellow default skin. I feel like there should be a way to do this that I'm just missing. I'd appreciate any help!

Is it possible to change the default skin? Empty Re: Is it possible to change the default skin?

Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:07 pm
Yes , you can , in the latest version v10 it is under " Settings > Appearance " . What version are you using ( you can see it in the traymenu " About ....." )
Wafflekinz

Is it possible to change the default skin? Empty Re: Is it possible to change the default skin?

Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:53 am
I have v10. Apparently, I've been way underutilizing the features; I hadn't realized there was a tray icon with more options...  Is it possible to change the default skin? 1f602 Thank you so much for the reply! Do you happen to know if there's a way to save style colors? When choosing a color, I see "Style Colours," but haven't figured out how to actually save them. All the "style colours" are just white.

Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:19 am
Is it possible to change the default skin? 241310

Select a style or the default and then click on the color selector ,the color is saved when you select one .

The helpfile is really a manual but unfortunately due to some strange windows bug the traymenu option or hot key does not work.
You can open the file stickies.chm in explorer you find the directory indicated in the traymenu " About ...." option usually it is in " ...\AppData\Roaming\Stickies  " .

There is the User Guide in the file but also under Reference >> keyboard shortcuts  a lot of usefull features that otherwise are not found .
OldGrantonian

Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:15 am
Sooyke wrote:
The helpfile is really a manual but unfortunately due to some strange windows bug the traymenu option or hot key does not work.

I have Stickies 10.1a with Windows 10 21H1. I don't see that bug  Shocked

- Tray icon:  R-click on the tray icon, then L-click on "Stickies Help".

- F1:  If a sticky has the focus, F1 works. 

BTW: For me, neither of those methods has ever failed. 

Thanks.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:23 pm
I think that problem shows up only when you've just run Stickies for the very first time after installing it - which of course is one of the times you need the help file most.

To install the app to Program Files, the installer needs to run elevated (the UAC dim screen asking Yes/No), and trying to launch the help file in that elevated mode doesn't work for some reason - I don't know enough about Windows to understand why.

Once Stickies is next launched, it's running without elevation, and then the help file opens OK.

At least, that's why I think it is.

Tom

Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:23 am
I looked at the problem again . I start stickies.exe in a batch file at startup ( it has to start before a program is registering api calls ) replacing the exe with its shortcut solved the problem . Starting stickies manually double clicking the exe also prevents the helpfile opening from the traymenu .

Strange when installing stickies first time the helpfile always works ..... Question 

Maybe i should make a clean install of the win10 after many years it must have collected some strange things !
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:03 pm
Sooyke - it might be because the shortcut sets the current working directory, whereas just running the exe doesn't?

I guess if you were interested, launch a command prompt, and navigate to where stickies.exe is and run it using just "stickies.exe".

Then close the app and try again from another directory - change the current directory to something like c:\ and then launch Stickies using the full path: "c:\program files (x86)\stickies\stickies.exe"

...just tried it myself, and yes, with the full path, the help file doesn't open. I'm not sure whether that's a bug or a feature!

Tom

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:53 am
with the full path, the help file doesn't open

Yes , tried it and found the same . Bug or Feature sounds like you have to toss a coin .......
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum