Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LaurentG

[FALSE ISSUE] default.rtf and default.png are not used as default for new notes Empty [FALSE ISSUE] default.rtf and default.png are not used as default for new notes

Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:22 pm
According to help file, if a default.rtf file exists in data directory, newnotes are created with this content as default content.
And the same with default.png for new image notes.

Actually, this DO NOT work.

I'm not convinced that this feature would be useful, but it would be better to either remove it from documentation, or make it to work.

PS I did tests with these files in the "default" data directory (under %appdata%), or in a "custom" data directory (thanks to "path" registry key), or even storing them in the application (stickies.exe) directory. It doesn't works in any of these cases.

Last edited by LaurentG on Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
guest_today

[FALSE ISSUE] default.rtf and default.png are not used as default for new notes Empty Re: [FALSE ISSUE] default.rtf and default.png are not used as default for new notes

Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:46 pm
It works for me but i had to restart stickies before the default was used ( both text and image stickies ) .

version v10.1d   win10 pro version 22H2
LaurentG

[FALSE ISSUE] default.rtf and default.png are not used as default for new notes Empty Re: [FALSE ISSUE] default.rtf and default.png are not used as default for new notes

Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:14 am
I did it also (restart stickies) and it didn't work....
But when I did the test again today, it works !

I don't know what was wrong in my previous test, but sure I did something wrong  [FALSE ISSUE] default.rtf and default.png are not used as default for new notes 1f600
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum