Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Max60

Débuts avec Stickies ... Empty Débuts avec Stickies ...

Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:32 pm
Hello,
I am currently "testing" your software and trying to apply it in 2 situations.
1) As a help message for using "special" directories in Win Explorer.
2) As a help message for using a Google Gsheets sheet.
-- For item 1:
No operating problems, on the other hand it is essential to prevent the voluntary closing of the message by the red cross.. (top right of the window)
I searched, even with skinner.exe... In vain!
What solution can I apply?
-- For point 2:
I found some small information, but not sufficient to be able to start some tests...
Can you direct me?
Thanks a lot.
Best regards.
Max.
PS: I am French and have just translated my text.... Sorry for any translation errors!....

==============================================================
In French :
Bonjour,
Je "teste" actuellement votre soft et cherche à l'appliquer dans 2 situations.
1) En tant que message d'aide à l'utilisation de répertoires "spéciaux" dans l'explorateur Win.
2) En tant que message d'aide à l'utilisation d'une feuille Gsheets Google.
-- Pour le point 1 :
Pas de problemes de fonctionnement , par contre il est indispensable d'empecher la fermeture volontaire du message par la croix rouge.. (en haut a droite de la fenetre)
J'ai cherché, meme avec skinner.exe...  En vain !
Quelle solution puis-je appliquer ?
-- Pour le point 2 :
J'ai trouvé quelques petites infos , mais pas suffisantes pour pouvoir commencer quelques essais...
Pouvez-vous m'orienter ?
Merci beaucoup.
Bien cordialement.
Max.
PS : Je suis francais et viens de traduire mon texte....  Pardon pour les éventuelles fautes de traduction !....

Débuts avec Stickies ... Empty Re: Débuts avec Stickies ...

Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:36 am
You can remove the close button using skinner but you need to download the skin , the default one is hardcoded and cannot be modified.

example of changing the skin :

h t t p s://zhornsoftware.forumotion.com/t278-height-of-title-bar

I do not understand your second question can you explain it more ?
Max60

Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:11 pm
Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
- Regarding point 1:
Like I said, I had tried using Skinner.exe to possibly remove the closing cross.
Unable to do so I tried to change the Skin with the aids; but I did not succeed...
I tried again today to understand how to achieve this, but unfortunately, my neurons did not help me!
A "step by step" procedure or a video on this action will get me out of this case! (Thanks ..)
- For point 2:
I have a Google Sheet spreadsheet, shared with my son remotely.
The memo linked to the opening of the sheet sheet, on my PC works correctly. On the other hand, will it be the same when my son opens this same sheet remotely?
=> Also, is it possible to be able to close the note, without disabling it? (So that it can reappear the next time the sheet is opened?)
Thanks.

=========================================================
Bonjour, 
Merci pour votre réponse.
- En ce qui concerne le point 1:
Comme je le disais, j"avais essayé d'utiliser Skinner.exe pour éventuellement supprimer la croix de fermeture..
Ne pouvant pas le faire j'ai essayer de changer le Skin avec les aides ; mais je n'y suis pas parvenu ...
J'ai aujourdhui réessayé de comprendre la manière d'y parvenir, mais malheureusement , mes neurones ne m'ont pas aidé !
Une procédure "pas à pas" ou une video sur cette action me sortirons de cette affaire ! (Merci ..)
- Pour le point 2:
J'ai une feuille de calculs Google Sheet , partagée avec mon fils à distance.
Le mémo lié a l'ouverture de la feuille sheet , sur mon Pc fonctionne correctement.  Par contre, en serat-il de meme lorsque mon fils ouvrira cette meme feuille à distance ?
=> Aussi , est-t-il possible de pouvoir fermer la note , sans la désactiver ? (Pour qu'elle puisse réapparaitre à la prochaine ouverture de la feuille ?)
Merci.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:39 pm
There is a demo inside the skinner.zip how to create or modify a skin , the file is skinner.chm ( chm is a format used for windows helpfiles but looks like html file ).

The default skin is quite complicated because it has three parts for adjusting 96 / 120 /192 dpi higher resolution monitor you will need to change the " close " in three places (or find out the dpi setting in your system ) .

For the second problem do you " attach " the note to the google sheet window ? In that case you do not need to close the note it will auto hide if the window is not there anymore . ( see the helpfile for attaching )

For the remote part if the sheet opens on another pc you cannot synchronize the content of the sticky with the remote pc . You could store stickies datafiles on a shared location but only one version can be active at the same time so it will be quite difficult .

Débuts avec Stickies ... 528610
Max60

Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:40 pm
Merci pour vos réponses.
Pour le premier sujet , malheuresement tout ceci n'est pas encore suffisamment clair , pour moi.
Je ne parviens pas à avancer d'un pouce..
Je vais patienter ...  Avec le temps ...

Pour le second sujet , j'ai parfaitement compris votre explication.
Je vais donc me tourner vers une autre solution , pour ce Google Sheet ...

Merci encore.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:32 pm
To remove the Close button (from memory):

Download the skin file from here: https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/skins.pl?a=show&s=stickies9
Rename the .ssk to be .zip
Extract the zip file - you'll have three files
Load the "skin.ini" file into Skinner
Find and delete the items "closecolour96", "closecross96", "closecolour120", "closecross120", "closecolour192" and "closecross192"
Save the skin, close Skinner
Set the skin as the default in Stickies (Settings, Appearance, Skin)

Tom
Max760

Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:59 am
Hello Tom,

Perfect !
Thank you for your clear and effective answer..
That's what I was missing...

Best regards.
Max.

=============================================

Bonjour Tom,
Parfait !
Merci pour votre réponse claire et efficace ..
C'est ce qu'il me manquait...
Bien cordialement.
Max.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum