Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JerryV

Caffeine messing with Google Sheets Empty Caffeine messing with Google Sheets

Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:52 pm
Has anyone noticed a problem with Caffeine, whereby it will cause the contents in selected cell in Google Sheets to be deleted?   This has been happening for a while now.  If I am in Google Sheets, and put the cursor in a non-empty cell, the contents of that cell will be deleted.   This has happened with essentially every Google Sheets spreadsheet I have ever worked with.   I always have to be careful to "park" my selection in an already blank cell to avoid a problem.   

Is there a solution to this?
JerryV

Caffeine messing with Google Sheets Empty Caffeine messing with Google Sheets

Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:54 pm
Just to be clear, the deletion of the cell contents is not instantaneous and will take up to a minute or so to be deleted.

Caffeine messing with Google Sheets Empty Re: Caffeine messing with Google Sheets

Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:00 am
Caffeine messing with Google Sheets 63692410
From the info on the website   https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/caffeine/index.html .

I do not know if it is relevant to the version you are using or if the app is still maintained ( https://zhornsoftware.forumotion.com/t175-targeted-caffeine-and-remote-desktop-via-rd-web-access ) .
NewUser

Caffeine messing with Google Sheets Empty if you use caffeine with -useshift this doesn't happen

Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:14 am
Even I faced this issue then started using
Code:
-useshift

this uses shift key instead of F15.

However, is it possible to start caffeine at boot with shift key. I currently have caffeine in my startup folder so by default it uses F15.
NewUser

Caffeine messing with Google Sheets Empty Re: Caffeine messing with Google Sheets

Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:18 am
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum