Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sonyerikson

Caffeine | Problems with "Keep Device Awake" | Galaxy J5 Android 6.0.1 & Caffeine 2.1.3  Empty Caffeine | Problems with "Keep Device Awake" | Galaxy J5 Android 6.0.1 & Caffeine 2.1.3

Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:45 am
Hey everyone,

I'm using Caffeine on Android Phones for an art project where I need the screen to be on permanently. Because I'm using quite a handful of phones, getting new hardware is sadly not an option. So here's the specs - Phone: Galaxy J5 Android 6.0.1 Caffeine: v 2.1.3.

Now what's the problem? I turn on Caffeine and select the "Keep Device Awake" Button. Then I open the app (it has been programmed by another person in the project) I'm using for the art project. Whenever I close the app, Caffeine is still on but "Keep Device Awake" is untoggled, meaning Caffeine has basically deactivated its functions. 

It seems like a bug to me. Any idea how to fix this? (Sadly, updating either the phones or Caffeine is not an option because 1.) the app we're using for the project relies on the very OS we're using and 2.) I can't be bothered updating 70 phones.)
guest_today

Caffeine | Problems with "Keep Device Awake" | Galaxy J5 Android 6.0.1 & Caffeine 2.1.3  Empty Re: Caffeine | Problems with "Keep Device Awake" | Galaxy J5 Android 6.0.1 & Caffeine 2.1.3

Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:10 pm
The caffeine program discussed on this forum is for windows :

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/caffeine/index.html

I guess you are on the wrong forum ?
sonyerikson

Caffeine | Problems with "Keep Device Awake" | Galaxy J5 Android 6.0.1 & Caffeine 2.1.3  Empty Re: Caffeine | Problems with "Keep Device Awake" | Galaxy J5 Android 6.0.1 & Caffeine 2.1.3

Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:17 am
You're right. Stupid me. Thanks for notifying.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum