Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
rocket888

stickie smaller desktop stack icon, nested stacks Empty stickie smaller desktop stack icon, nested stacks

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:29 pm
The stack icon on the desktop has a minimum size, and so I would like to see a smaller minimum, as I can easily see having a dozen or more of them, each with dozens of stickies. 

Alternatively, I would like individual stacks to be hidden with a tray icon sub menu to un-hide particular stacks.

A somewhat more complex alternative would be for stacks within stacks, i.e. nested. Then I could have just the one icon on the desktop, that included other stacks. 

thanks
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

stickie smaller desktop stack icon, nested stacks Empty Re: stickie smaller desktop stack icon, nested stacks

Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:53 pm
The minimum stack window size is set in the stack skin.  If you design your own or alter a copy of the default skin, you can set the minimum size to be smaller.

Tom
rocket888

stickie smaller desktop stack icon, nested stacks Empty Re: stickie smaller desktop stack icon, nested stacks

Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:01 am
Try as I may, I was unable to shrink down the stack icon below a minimum size that amounts to about 1 inch by 1 inch on my 1080p screen. I was able to create a stack.ini get it into the skin file, get the program to accept it, and shrink down the fonts etc. But no luck on the minimum size icon on screen.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:08 pm
Code:
The minimum stack window size is set in the stack skin.

Tom Revell gave you a "hint"  you can simply edit the stack.ini file and change the dimensions . By coincidence there was a similar question and i tried creating the smaller stack icon using the default skin ,  you can take a look it you find it useful.

https://zhornsoftware.forumotion.com/t72-resize-of-stack-font

Best regards
rocket888

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:44 am
Thanks, got it, I discovered the minimum width and height entries. I had tried to use the skinner tool; I see the easy way is to just text edit the .ini files.

Thanks
goppi

Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:57 pm
I want to upvote for nested stacks. It would be a huge improvement for structuring large collections of stickies.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum