Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
radiocam

Stack icon/panel disappeared. Is this normal? Empty Stack icon/panel disappeared. Is this normal?

Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:50 am
Hi,
I tagged on the "Is this normal?" above because after what feels like a lifetime of using stickies, I have just used stacks for the first time.
And I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it....
So I have a few stickies on my desktop that have the stack icon down the bottom to show that they are part of a stack.
But I have lost the blue "stack controller" icon ... or panel, I guess I should call it. Is there a way to get it back?
From my newbie fiddling around, I think I need it (that control thingy)  to control the stack and make things happen, right? Like make them disappear and reappear, etc.

Thanks aforehand
Mystified

Stack icon/panel disappeared. Is this normal? Empty Re: Stack icon/panel disappeared. Is this normal?

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:38 am
Stack icon/panel disappeared. Is this normal? 299810

Have you looked in the " Manage Notes " ? If you rightclick on the stack and select properties , it will also show its position. Maybe it is offscreen ( do not see how it can be who knows.......)

I would just delete it and create a new one ( deleting frees the stickies inside ....)
radiocam

Stack icon/panel disappeared. Is this normal? Empty Re: Stack icon/panel disappeared. Is this normal?

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:15 am
@Sooyke:
Thanks matey.
I wasn't in a position to try anything at the time (or was lazy) because I had eight in the stack and they were positioned across four monitors - and I was working.Didn't want eight lost or scattered notes.

When I finished work, checked a few things...
- I could not find a way to look at the properties of the Stack icon itself. It behaves like one of those "Store" collections, just a container with no properties of its own (reachable)
- It was nowhere to be seen, but I could see all the stacked notes.
- I thought it might appear if I renamed it (which you can do in the notes manager). It did not.
- And then (which I'm sure would have worked to start with!) I did a rescue off-screen and it appeared again.

I'm starting to get a feel for how to use stacks - but losing it threw me: I misplace notes often, and think the ability to drag a note out of the *manager* is one of the most brilliant features of this little champ utility. And one that I never knew existed, discovered by sheer accident. Not being able to do so with the stack icon had me scraching me head indeed.
Thanks.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum