Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
m5k77

Sync notes and cloud account support Empty Sync notes and cloud account support

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:08 pm
Hey everyone,
Recently I bought a laptop and I use Stickies on my PC a lot.
And I thought it will be necessary for people like me if they could sync their notes through an online account in any device.
[sorry for my English]
zultag

Sync notes and cloud account support Empty Re: Sync notes and cloud account support

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:54 pm
I've been doing this for years with Dropbox and it's worked OK. I had to set up in Dropbox as a portable app (KB00002 - Using Stickies as a portable application) or the .mdb file wouldn't sink well.

Using the same Stickies data on multiple computers poses other cosmetic issues that you may find not worth dealing with. i.e. screen placement. You will be doing 'rescue off screen' a lot to find lost stickies every time you go back and forth. In the right conditions, you will get sync issues from time to time and my not notice a sticky go missing or corrupt.

If you do this, have a stickies portable instance for each computer as it will backup in near-real time and you can open stickies from the other instance if you just need to grab something, but try to avoid having them both going out of the same instance at the same time.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum