Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
leopoldus

Notes Manager - restore smaller font for notes titles in the left pane (notes list) Empty Notes Manager - restore smaller font for notes titles in the left pane (notes list)

Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:20 pm
In previous versions of Stickies, the font size for notes titles in the left pane (notes list) of Notes Manager window was pretty compact. Then, starting with versions 10.1 (may be some earlier) the font of notes titles became much  larger. This has a huge affect on Notes Manager usability, as a user can now only see a small portion of the note title (assuming that titles are quite long, like mine).

Is there a way to get back the earlier size of font for note titles? Or may be even be able to set my custom font size?

Thanks!
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Notes Manager - restore smaller font for notes titles in the left pane (notes list) Empty Re: Notes Manager - restore smaller font for notes titles in the left pane (notes list)

Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:18 pm
Have you tried turning on Compact View in Settings?  That might help set it more as you'd prefer?

Tom

leopoldus likes this post

leopoldus

Notes Manager - restore smaller font for notes titles in the left pane (notes list) Empty Re: Notes Manager - restore smaller font for notes titles in the left pane (notes list)

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:47 pm
Admin wrote:Have you tried turning on Compact View in Settings?  That might help set it more as you'd prefer?

Tom

Thank you, Tom! This trick works. Very Happy

Does this "Compact View" do anything else besides changing notes titles font size in Note Manager?

BTW I tried to find any explanation about this "Compact View" option from Help manual, but it seemed there was no anything. You could consider adding some words for this subject, as this solution is not self-explanatory.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:12 pm
It actually also slightly speeds up the app, as it means those squares of content preview are never generated.  Stickies pre-generates some of them as it loads for sleeping/closed/attached notes, the remainder (from Stored notes) are created as the list gets displayed.  By turning off the previews, the app no longer has to generate them in the first place.

Otherwise it's just a look 'n' feel thing.

I've not written up the long list of settings, I appreciate.  I try to keep them quite self-explanatory, with most of them I hope you can simply try them (especially as they come into effect immediately now) and see what it looks like Smile

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum