Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ben9999

Stickies with many screenshots - long load and save times, app unrespronsive Empty Stickies with many screenshots - long load and save times, app unrespronsive

Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:32 am
Hello!

I love Stickies and I haven't found any software like it in a long time that kept creeping into my workflows step by step until it became an essential tool of my daily work! Very Happy

I have one problem, though. I need to insert screenshots (some small, some fullscreen) on a regular basis and my notes keep getting longer and longer, too.

With many screenshots or a few big screenshots the app becomes very sluggish. Loading and saving the notes can take up to several seconds or even longer.

I'm working on a fairly beefy system with lots of RAM and only SSDs, so I think it's not the hardware.

Do other people experience this too? Is there a way to speed up loading/saving notes with many images?

Cheers,
 Ben

P.S.: thank you so much for making this helpful tool! 
(and thanks Microsoft for spoiling the old Sticky Notes app, because I would have never started looking for an alternative).
guest_today

Stickies with many screenshots - long load and save times, app unrespronsive Empty Re: Stickies with many screenshots - long load and save times, app unrespronsive

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:27 am
became an essential tool

Yes could not agree more , the first thing i install on a new pc is stickies ( even before cleaning out the microsoft rubbish ).

There are speedbumps when loading large images in stickies . The database structure and bytearray format and the use of RTF for mixing text and images .

When this feature was introduced by Tom Revell ( mixed text / image ) he already gave a warning .

The only thing that is used when storing large images within database is storing a link and saving the images  to a folder .

So no real solution ......
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Stickies with many screenshots - long load and save times, app unrespronsive Empty Re: Stickies with many screenshots - long load and save times, app unrespronsive

Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:56 pm
If you can instead manage with combining text and image notes, that will solve the issue.  Text or text+image notes are RTF, and that's simply inefficient in saving and restoring images.  So, yes, it can be done, but as soon as it starts to be too slow, I'd recommend you try some other way of storing the info :/

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum