Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
dddddd

Stickies- Transferring Data from one drive to another. Empty Stickies- Transferring Data from one drive to another.

Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:02 pm
I have stickies on a new hard drive I'm using, but have the data on a old OS. I'm transferring the data I need over and realized I hadn't saved a back up.

Searching the forum I had heard that the stickies.db has all the saved data. I assume it's the one under:

Code:
"C:\Users\(USER)\AppData\Roaming\stickies"

I transferred it from the old E: drive to the new C: drive, but starting up stickies doesn't show my old stickies at all. Is it possible to get to them some other way? Or would I need to boot into my old OS, make a back up, and then transfer them?

Thank you for your time!
guest_today

Stickies- Transferring Data from one drive to another. Empty Re: Stickies- Transferring Data from one drive to another.

Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:14 am
If you have version 10 all data is in the stickies.db file and if you installed stickies " install just for me " it is in the directory you mentioned . If you exit stickies and overwrite the stickies.db with the " old one " it should work .

By default stickies makes a backup every day so if you look for the backup directory :
Code:
C:\Users\(USER)\AppData\Roaming\stickies\backups

you should have 7 backups named with the datetime.db (  202310201210.db ), you can put them on a usb and use the restore function in the traymenu " settings / App option " to import.

To see what is inside the database file .db ( and if needed to recover stickies ) you can use the SSIT tool :
https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/tools.html

In stickies traymenu " About ....." option you can find the datadirectory that is used by the installed stickies so you make sure you have the correct directory when replacing the stickies.db .
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum