Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mark Stick

Shortcut to Roll-up all open stickies in Stack? Empty Shortcut to Roll-up all open stickies in Stack?

Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:39 pm
I'm hoping it's possible to do this.

I will often open a Stack that contains 8 or 10 stickies.

I keep my stickies in a column, one below each one, with only the title showing.
After I open a few stickies they begin to overlap each other, HIDING the main list of stickies.

I would like to be able to roll-up (collapse) ALL stickies in the Stack so I can see all
the titles again (with a hotkey).

Does it exist?
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Shortcut to Roll-up all open stickies in Stack? Empty Re: Shortcut to Roll-up all open stickies in Stack?

Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:20 pm
You don't mean one of the menu options you get by right-clicking the stack window do you?  You can roll up all the notes in that stack from that menu?

Tom

Mark Stick likes this post

Mark Stick

Shortcut to Roll-up all open stickies in Stack? Empty Re: Shortcut to Roll-up all open stickies in Stack?

Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:34 pm
Admin wrote:You don't mean one of the menu options you get by right-clicking the stack window do you?  You can roll up all the notes in that stack from that menu?

Tom

Yes!

Perfect that's exactly what I was looking for. 
Thanks.  Smile
Mark Stick

Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:53 am
Admin wrote:You don't mean one of the menu options you get by right-clicking the stack window do you?  You can roll up all the notes in that stack from that menu?

Tom

Your suggestion was definitely helpful.

But I would like to take it a step further if possible.
Can a hotkey be assigned to this function?
Does Stickies offer one natively?
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:44 pm
No, there's no hotkey for that I'm afraid.  Even if there was, which stack would it refer to when pressed?  You'd need one hotkey per stack which would start to complicate matters.

Tom
Mark Stick

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:07 pm
Admin wrote:No, there's no hotkey for that I'm afraid.  Even if there was, which stack would it refer to when pressed?  You'd need one hotkey per stack which would start to complicate matters.

Tom

That's too bad.
In my case (and probably for most) I only open one stack at a time, otherwise it just gets too cluttered.
So the hotkey would refer to the stack that is opened.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum