Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Harold

Stickies won't open Empty Stickies won't open

Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:44 pm
Hi All,

I've used Stickies on several other computers and enjoyed it.  But, on this install (windows 10) the icon appears, I can open the manage stickies dialogue box.  But, I can't make a stickie note appear or access the settings.  I don't understand.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stickies won't open Empty Re: Stickies won't open

Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:29 pm
Did you use the traymenu to create a new sticky or a hotkey? Does  the Manage notes window contain the "welcome" sticky (trashcan or desktop .

( i presume you have the latest version10 ? )
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:55 pm
If you click the Home tab in Manage, what are the numbers?  Are any greater than zero - and do any change when you make a new note?

Tom
techymomof6

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:34 pm
@Sooykem  I use the traymenu to create the new stickie.  There is no welcome sticky in the trashcan or desktop.  All my stickies do show in "closed" and I am running the latest version 10.
techymomof6

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:37 pm
@Admin Tom.  I have 1 in Desktop and 32 in Closed.  A total of 33 stickies.  If I make a new one, the number increases.  I can only open the stickies from the stickie program, not their stored loaction by double clicking like I used to.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:15 pm
There was someone else on the forum over Christmas who used the same term - are you saving notes as .sti files on the file system somewhere, and those won't now open?  That's not how I intended the app to work, but you can use it that way if you like - note that changes aren't automatically saved back to .sti files.

You might need to check the setting "Associate .sti files..." - that might solve your problem?

Tom
techymomof6

Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:27 pm
Yes, that description is correct. But I have them working now! I have actually always used this program this way. I was looking for a program that I could store the stickies where I wanted them recalled, as opposed to a program that I would have to open and have them all stores within the program. And when I make any changes, I save as back to the file location of my choice.

Something seemed to have gotten corrupted along the way for me and even updating to v10 didn't fix it.

Finally what worked is opening all the files to the "desktop" and then deleting all the files in the trash/closed. Then resaving them all to their original locations. Thanks for your help!

The other person over Christmas may have been me because someone referred me to another post location.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum