Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sskills

Stickies disappeared with Version 10.1b Empty Stickies disappeared with Version 10.1b

Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:47 pm
I updated to version 10.1b a couple of days ago.  At first it just stopped working.  I could get to the existing Stickies via the two Stickies that remained on my desktop.  Clicking the Stickies icon brings up the message "The item you selected is unavailable.  It might have been moved, renamed, or removed.  Do you want to remove it from the list?" 

I restarted and the two Stickies on my desktop disappeared.  Now I cannot find my Stickies.  I can see the files in C: programs (x86)/Stickies, they just don't execute.  I downloaded again and still does not appear. 

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

sskills

Stickies disappeared with Version 10.1b Empty Re: Stickies disappeared with Version 10.1b

Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:41 am
Do you still have the traymenu icon for stickies ? Are you on win11 ?

Installing stickies or upgrading never overwrites datafiles , it can be that it installed in another place than your original if you selected a different option when installing. You can do a search for stickies.db in explorer and see if there are other instances .

By default stickies makes a daily backup so if you have a working ( even empty ) version of stickies you can restore using the " Settings > App " option in the traymenu . You will have to find where the backups are located . Default is in the   Roaming\stickies directory .

c:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\stickies\backups\
sskills

Stickies disappeared with Version 10.1b Empty Stickies still won't work

Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:37 pm
Thanks Sooyke for the ideas.  Yes I have the Stickies icon in the tray.  I'm on Windows 10.
I have searched for the stickies.db and it's there where it should be, so I have not lost anything.  I just can't get the app to work.
When I right click on the tray icon it gives me the list.  I click on Settings in the list and it gives me the same "unavailable" message. When I go to the Start menu and left click on the Stickies icon I get nothing.  When I right click on the Start menu Stickies icon I get the list and then next click gets the "unavailable" message.  I think I will just delete the app and start again.  Hopefully the stickies.db will still be there

Stickies disappeared with Version 10.1b Empty Re: Stickies disappeared with Version 10.1b

Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:04 pm
It seems the stickies.db is corrupted . I would save a copy to some other place and then delete it . Reinstall stickies and use the restore option in stickies to restore an older copy ( i you have not changed the default 24/7 restore ! ) .

You can try to open the " corrupted " stickies.db using the ssit tool    https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/tools.html .

Maybe i am wrong but that's how i would proceed , if you have saved stickies.db you can always go back if it did not work out.
sskills

Stickies disappeared with Version 10.1b Empty Now I can't install Stickies!

Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:57 pm
I decided to start over.  I copied the stickies.db and put it in another file with a new name.  I deleted the Stickies app.  Tried to reinstall Stickies.  I download the file and when I click "Install" it disappears and does not install.  It's not listed in the Programx86 file.  Nothing.  Any idea what is going on?

I wrote down the Stickies I want to save, so I can get them all back, but i miss my Stickies.

Sskills
sskills

Stickies disappeared with Version 10.1b Empty Resolved my problem

Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:55 am
Strange, but it worked.  On the download screen it has two choices - download for everyone or just me.  I had everyone checked.  I checked only for me and it works!  I'm a happy man again with my Stickies working. Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum