Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gene95

Keyboard shortcut for show / hide all Empty Keyboard shortcut for show / hide all

Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:31 pm
The help file states:
"...hide and show all stickies with the keyboard shortcut to quickly bring back your information"

The link refers you to:
"By right-clicking the notification area icon and choosing Show / Hide all, any notes on screen will be hidden. The icon will change to show a small exclamation mark to remind you that you have hidden notes. All notes will reappear if you either choose Show / Hide all again, or create a new note. If you installed the global keyboard hook, shift-windows-s will show or hide all notes from anywhere within Windows"

I have searched the Stickies Help File and the internet but can not find a clear answer on how to install the necessary global keyboard hook and am hoping someone can aim me in the correct direction.
Thanks,
Gene

Keyboard shortcut for show / hide all Empty Re: Keyboard shortcut for show / hide all

Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:31 am
Keyboard shortcut for show / hide all 462010

If you have stickies v10 you only have to enable the option in the traymenu " Settings > App " .
Gene95

Keyboard shortcut for show / hide all Empty Re: Keyboard shortcut for show / hide all

Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:37 pm
I appreciate the reply, however it does not address the original question.  I can already show/hide all by right clicking the tray icon and selecting show/hide all.  I was specifically looking for how to enable the shortcut key mentioned in the help file.  Thank you for the response.

Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:20 pm
"  I can already show/hide all by right clicking the tray icon "

I guess the part in the helpfile about keyboard hook is for an older version when during installation it was an option to install it but it seems the helpfile is not yet updated  , stickies is updated to version 10 .

In the latest stickies version show/hide when enabled in the settings is just clicking on the trayicon , no need to rightclick and select.

If you really want a keyboard hotkey you can in " Settings > hotkeys " select a hotkey for show/hide , windows steals a lot of hotkeys so you will have to find a combination that works . The one that works on my system is win+shift+ctrl+s ( i guess this is the default ) but i prefer to just leftclick on the trayicon ...

version 10.1a changes

Keyboard shortcut for show / hide all 462210
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Thu May 05, 2022 7:17 pm
It's in Settings, on the Hotkeys tab.

Tom
Gene95

Thu May 05, 2022 7:38 pm
Thank you Tom,  That is the one and it works like a charm.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum