Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SPOOK
SPOOK

RTF-BACKGROUND IMAGE PROTOCOL FOR SKINS Empty RTF-BACKGROUND IMAGE PROTOCOL FOR SKINS

Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:07 pm
FF&F TRUE POSITION 3 TOP and BOTTOM (32 Skins) will be a Template for the User to create there own Personal RTF-BACKGROUND IMAGE FOR FF&F TRUE POSITION 3 TOP and BOTTOM SKINS.

Last edited by SPOOK on Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

RTF-BACKGROUND IMAGE PROTOCOL FOR SKINS Empty Re: RTF-BACKGROUND IMAGE PROTOCOL FOR SKINS

Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:12 pm
Looking at the source of those images, if I wanted to rip the creator off then I could do so directly from the Etsy web site, and that way I'd get the original full quality images.

I suspect by the time they're embedded into a note, the images are going to be both a) much lower resolution and b) harder to extract than from the original web site.

I hope therefore neither of us would run into copyright issues.

Tom
SPOOK
SPOOK

RTF-BACKGROUND IMAGE PROTOCOL FOR SKINS Empty Re: RTF-BACKGROUND IMAGE PROTOCOL FOR SKINS

Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:06 am
Lets see if we can Figure this Copyright thing out.

I found this: https://artrepreneur.com/journal/etsy-copyright-infringement/

Wherein it states:

"As a major online marketplace, one would hope that Etsy would be responsible for infringing items sold on their site. However, Etsy is protected by the “Safe Harbor” provision of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) as long as Etsy is merely a passive conduit for user-generated content. Etsy is providing the forum but does not take part in the manufacturing of any of the goods sold. As such, they have the benefit of the “Safe Harbor” and cannot be sued for infringement. Why would the government let companies like Etsy off the hook?

Well, given that copyright law is no-fault, then anytime a user uploads infringing content to companies like Etsy, YouTube, or Vimeo, they could be sued. There is no way a company could operate under those conditions, so Congress carved out an exception so these companies could exist. In return, however, the online provider, such as Etsy, must implement and follow certain procedures.

You may have heard of these procedures under the moniker “takedowns.” If a copyright holder finds their work on Etsy, they can make a takedown request, and Etsy is required to remove the infringing work from its site unless the uploader, which in this case would be an Etsy seller, makes a counterclaim stating that the work is not infringing. At that point, Etsy can allow the work to remain on the site until the case is resolved in court."
END

Unless I can find a actual bullet-proof License on a package in Etsy there's no way we could use them. That's to bad, Etsy has some great pics for great prices.

Looks like getting a bullet-proof "Commercial License" for the Art is the only way. These will take some looking around and can be be a bit expensive for anything good.

(Etsy $3.80 for 25, Same ones on another site licenses them for $80.00 each X 16 = $1280.00, X 25 = $2000.00.)

Best to not distribute any third-party-pics on RTF-Background without a bullet-proof license.

END

Last edited by SPOOK on Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum