Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Francois

Crash when updating from v9 to v10 Empty Crash when updating from v9 to v10

Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:21 am
Hello everybody...

I work as a network manager in a school in France where the administrative team uses Stickies for communication. I wanted to upgrade the software from v9 to v10 on the machines, but am facing a crash after the installation of V10 during the update of the database, then a dialog box says that Stickies will be closed as a matter of security.

As people there do not care about archives of such messages, I have tried to remove everything from V9 before installing V10, including the database in Appdata/Stickies ... it worked on one machine but not on the others, a crash immediately after installation.

Would anyone have an idea on how I could solve this problem? Thank you for your help...
guest_today

Crash when updating from v9 to v10 Empty Re: Crash when updating from v9 to v10

Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:29 am
As you do not seem to need the old data from v9 , you could use a manually install . You seem to already have a v10 running , you can copy the files from there or use the -extract to get them from the installer exe ( in a command prompt window ) .

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/support/kb.pl?q=00015
Francois

Crash when updating from v9 to v10 Empty Thank you!

Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:31 am
Thank you very much for your answer. It can only work. They are going to be happy at the school today! Smile
Sponsored content

Crash when updating from v9 to v10 Empty Re: Crash when updating from v9 to v10

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum