Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Installed Stickies 10.1c over 55 GB??? Empty Installed Stickies 10.1c over 55 GB???

Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:34 am
Hello all,
I've been having issues with my drive size increasing drastically without initiating manual changes.

During this troubleshooting I decided to check through installed programs. I noticed that in two different Uninstaller software packages it shows Stickies 10.1c to be over 55 GB, how can this be correct?? 

IObit Uninstaller
Installed Stickies 10.1c over 55 GB??? WG6n2Rt5QU4LwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Cleaner One Pro
Installed Stickies 10.1c over 55 GB??? AaJ9wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Installed Stickies 10.1c over 55 GB??? Empty Re: Installed Stickies 10.1c over 55 GB???

Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:22 pm
That's hilarious - I also agree "how can that be correct".

There are two places to check for the size being consumed.  One is the folder you installed the app to (probably c:\program files (x86)\stickies).  That should be a few Mb.

The other is the data directory.  Find where that is on your system at the bottom of the About dialog.  That location might get a little larger depending on how you use the app, and how many backups you've asked it to make, but 55Gb is unlikely.

If you need to find where space is being used on your disk I'd recommend SpaceSniffer (http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/).  I've used it for years to graphically show what's going on.  You might need to run it as admin though to ensure that it sees all the folders on your drive.

Tom

Installed Stickies 10.1c over 55 GB??? Empty RE: Installed Stickies 10.1c over 55 GB???

Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:05 am
Tom,

I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to return.  Thank you SOO much for your reply.  You hit the nail on the head.  I checked the data folder and it weighed in at a whopping 65.4GB!!  Also I went back to the Uninstaller software and see that the installation matches that exact same size.  I do have alot of stored stickies but not very many backups so I'm going to clean then by first looking for image files.  

You have been most helpful!!!

Thank you,
Tarsha
Sponsored content

Installed Stickies 10.1c over 55 GB??? Empty Re: Installed Stickies 10.1c over 55 GB???

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum