Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
cace2002

Spell Checking for Stickies Empty Spell Checking for Stickies

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:55 pm
I'm sure this has been asked in the past, but a search didn't come up with anything. Is there any way to shell check the text in Stickies? 

Anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Carl
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Spell Checking for Stickies Empty Re: Spell Checking for Stickies

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:44 pm
Nope, adding spell checking isn't on my "to do" list - as immediately I'd need to find a place to get a dictionary from, then worry about keeping it up to date, and finally have to try to consider all the different languages there are which could have their spelling checked.  Sorry, it's a copy and paste into something else to check spelling.

Tom
SPOOK
SPOOK

Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:47 am
Try free 'tinySpell', works on Stickies in real-time and pretty much everything else. www.tinyspell.com

While you are typing, tinySpell watches the text you enter and whenever it detects a misspelled word it shows a spelling tip that you can select and shows a list of recommend correctly spelled words.

Have found it to be far-and-away better spell checker than any of the big named programs have.
cace2002

Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:42 pm
Tom- I understand, thk for your reply.

Spook - Thanks for the Tinyspell util info... I like it, unfortunately I use a history keeping cut-n-paste util that that allocates/manipulates the Windows system cut-n-paste and the manipulation that Tinyspell and others like it (DITTO, etc.) also need to do is not compatible (conflicts). I have to stop one to let the other work which I'll likely do as a review after the whole doc is written.

Thanks again,
Carl
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum