Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mawoods

Bullet Lists and Outline Levels Empty Bullet Lists and Outline Levels

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:21 pm
One feature I've always wished Stickies would support is proper outline levels when using bullets... On version 9.x, lists would always look this way:

• Level 1
  •      Level 2

instead of having the "Level 2" bullet also indented with the text.

I was excited to discover that Stickies v10 is now out!  And lo and behold, right on the main page is a shot of a note with 'proper' indenting using bullets:

Bullet Lists and Outline Levels 8ote64sEHk4AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

However, even in Version 10, I cannot figure out how to indent the bullets along with the text.  Does anyone have any ideas or some setup/step I am missing?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Bullet Lists and Outline Levels Empty Re: Bullet Lists and Outline Levels

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:42 am
Bullet Lists and Outline Levels Giff10

You have to highlight the text and then " TAB " key .

Best regards ,
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:56 am
You can get away with highlighting any text on the line - you don't have to select the whole line.  I needed a way to distinguish between "changing indent" and "insert a tab", so the behaviour changes depending on whether any text is selected at all.

Tom
mawoods

Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:46 pm
Excellent - thank you for the replies!  I'm hoping I didn't just overlook that in version 9 (because I could swear I tried that already), but it works perfectly in version 10, just as shown.

Thank you again.

-Mark
bmclen

Bullet Lists and Outline Levels Empty Move Bulleted Text

Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:11 am
Similar and related to "Bullet Lists and Outline Levels" is my question: HOW to move a bulleted line up or down?
If I have numbered bullets and I want #9 to become #3, I cannot figure out how to "click-n-drag" (highlighted?) text to move it up or down and have the renumbering activate so as to correctly display the ordinal numeric sequence of bullet numbers.
Is this possible?
I am using v10.0d
Gene95

Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:32 pm
I just highlight the text and drag it to the number I wish it to be moved to.  The text moves but the numbers remain in the correct order.
Note:  You MUST start your highlight drag at the very start of the line below so as to grab the new line marker.  This is what moves just the entry. 
Play with it a bit and you will see how it works.

You can also just remove the bullets, rearrange the items then re-apply numbering it you have a lot of re-ordering to do.

Last edited by Gene95 on Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
bmclen

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:29 am
Hello Gene95!

Bullet Lists and Outline Levels AjR0EGyAAZIAMRDFD0IkhiEzJABsgAGVgGAxS9ZfiRoyADZIAMkIEIBih6ESSxCRkgA2SADCyDAYreMvzIUZABMkAGyEAEAxS9CJLYhAyQATJABpbBAEVvGX7kKMgAGSADZCCCAYpeBElsQgbIABkgA8tg4P8B5+Z4oxjZK3oAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
The "trick", as you say, is to click-n-drag the previously-selected highlighted line to where you want it.
As seen in the left-most image (above), that vertical cursor MUST BE at the front of the destination line.
Then, as shown in the right-most image, the previously-selected highlighted line will be moved to where you let go of the mouse button.
NOTE: There is a dotted-line box that appears at the bottom of the mouse pointer while dragging.  I couldn't capture that.  But it all works!

THANK YOU for sharing!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum