Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LaurentG

Translations of Stickies 10 Empty Translations of Stickies 10

Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:57 pm
Hi,
unfortunately, currently only Romanian translation of Stickies is available.

Nevertheless, I guess that more than 90% of texts are the same in rev 9 and rev 10.
Would it be possible to generate the Language100.dll for various languages with texts common to V9 / v10 translated as they were in V9, and new texts let in english.
This woud allow to have localized versions, even if not 100%

Regards
Laurent
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Translations of Stickies 10 Empty Re: Translations of Stickies 10

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:30 pm
Yes, that is possible, and I've also experimented with Google-translated DLLs.  Google has no context when translating, so when translating "Store" for example, it can use the equivalent for "a shop where you buy things" instead of "put this thing away in a safe place".

If you're keen for a particular language, I can combine these two approaches and share it with you, but I'm reluctant to publish it on the site as it's likely to contain very many errors...

Tom
LaurentG

Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:15 pm
I would be interested by French language.
If you provide it to me, I'll review it and if I do some enhancements (with ResHacker, for example), I'll give them you back.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:13 am
I've actually written a tool which translates Stickies, and which carries work across to new version, so ResHacker isn't necessary.  Drop me an email and I'll send you details of how it works.

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum