Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
karenraber66@gmail.com

WHERE IS THE SCROLLING OPTION Empty WHERE IS THE SCROLLING OPTION

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:30 am
Am I missing something? Can't seem to scroll up and down in a sticky, so if it's longer than my screen I have no way of getting to my notes.  This renders this app useless to me.
SPOOK
SPOOK

WHERE IS THE SCROLLING OPTION Empty Re: WHERE IS THE SCROLLING OPTION

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:44 am
Gonna take you a little while to figure it all out. Scan Options, Scan Help (Note Key-Code-Combinations) - Experiment.

Maybe: 

Drag the bottom edge of the Title-Bar down to where the Text is longer than the Stickie.

(If you have pre-selected "New Stickies have scrollbars" in 'Options' a Scrollbar should display in the right side of the Stickie.)

Or

If the bottom of the Stickie is below the screen you can drag the whole Stickie up the screen by the Title-bar until you can see the whole Stickie.

Or

You can New-Stickie, Copy/Paste all the text from the offending Stickie into the new Stickie, and not Double-Click a edge next time on a Stickie that has a lot of text.

Or

You can buy a Humongous Screen.  :)

(I can think of several other ways to correct but the above are quick and easy.) 

Last edited by SPOOK on Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Rudy

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:40 pm
Karen, almost surely missing scrollbars are due to the fact that a check mark is needed in the box next to "New stickies have scrollbars." You'll find that option in the General tab of Options. Does that solve the problem?
SPOOK
SPOOK

Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:39 am
Dang, just pasted in a long pic and knocked the bottom of the Stickie below the bottom of the screen. So I guess Double-Clicking the Bottom-Edge of a Stickie is not the only way to throw the Stickie below the Screen.

This is caused by the 'Scrollbar' command, (Maybe not the one in 'Options'.) This is a obscure little command that as far as I know the is only found in FF&F 2 and FF&F 3. (NO SCROLL/SCROLL) and will correct the situation, but be careful - can have very surprising results. Will Undo Smile

Another way to correct the Auto-Scrolling of the bottom of a Stickie when text is added is to Select the Bottom-Edge of the Title-Bar and Drag it up or down, this seems to reset the Auto-Scrolling to NO SCROLL, and the Bottom-Edge does not extend when text/pic is added.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum