Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
debh

upgrade to v10 lost all stickies Empty upgrade to v10 lost all stickies

Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:59 pm
I got a new desktop and am trying to migrate my stickies data. When I installed v10 on new computer, it would not restore my stickies from old computer (v9e).

So, I went back to old computer and installed 10 over 9. According to the website, the data will be converted and available. However, when I opened Stickies after update, all stickies were gone.

Is there any way to get my old stickies into version 10?

upgrade to v10 lost all stickies Empty Re: upgrade to v10 lost all stickies

Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:30 am
"   it would not restore my stickies from old computer (v9e). "

Did it give an error when you updated ? You can see a solution in stickies knowledgebase :

https://zhornsoftware.forumotion.com/t506-mdb2db-side-by-side-configuration

" However, when I opened Stickies after update, all stickies were gone. "

On your old system does v10 works even when you have no stickies ? Can you find info about them in the traymenu option  "Manage Notes" and click on the top icon " house ?" at the left top . It gives you a summary of all stickies .

In v10 all info is in one file stickies.db unlike v9 that has several directories with data.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:44 pm
If you open the Stickies data folder on the old machine, what files are in there?

As Sooyke says, v9 uses "stickies.ini" and several directories.  v10 uses just one file for everything.

When the converter runs, it doesn't delete your old data files, but renames the main one to be "stickies.ini.converted".  Is that present - what's in that folder please?

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum