Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
UKWhaleWatcher

Stickies disappeared Empty Stickies disappeared

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:00 pm
A few days ago I noticed that all my notes were missing from my desktop. I tried launching Stickies but nothing happened. Tried searching for stickies notes, found a file called StickyNotes.snt. Opened it in notepad and it seems to contain the information in my notes along with lots of other indecipherable characters. I reinstalled Stickies and tried to import StickyNotes.snt but it didn't work. Any suggestions please as to how I can get my notes back. Thank you.

Stickies disappeared Empty Re: Stickies disappeared

Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:59 pm
Are you sure you are on the right forum ?  StickyNotes.snt file is created by another program than the software discussed on this forum .

To open just do a google search for the file , it will give you info how to restore the notes .

If you are using the zhornsoftware    https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/index.html       application can you give the version you are using ?
UKWhaleWatcher

Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:38 pm
Sorry about that and thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. It's definitely Stickies I am using. My naivety led me to search my PC for anything that might be related and I found the above-mentioned file, which is, I think, related to Windows Sticky Notes app. Any idea why Stickies "Disappeared" from my PC? I definitely haven't deleted it. And, is it possible to find and restore my Stickies?
Thanks again

Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:53 pm
Stickies disappeared KOLyjGx

I you have stickies ( and not sticky notes ...) it should be easy to get them back ( you reinstalled it ? ) . But it is important to know the version you have because a lot changed between 9 and 10 and the files are different.

The image above is the traymenu ( rightclick traymenu icon ) of version 10 , you find the version in the option " About..... "

Can you provide your version of stickies and window version ?

Best regards ,
UKWhaleWatcher

Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:55 pm
Thank you. I have version 10.0D installed now but don't know what version I had when it disappeared. I have Windows 10.

Best wishes

Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:28 pm
Assuming it be version 9  you could search for stickies.ini  or store.mdb.
Version 10 has all its data in stickies.db

I hope you find some instances of these files , in the directory where you find them if you are lucky there is also a backup directory.

Happy hunting  Exclamation

btw A fast free search utility is " everything" from    https://www.voidtools.com/     i prefer it to win10 it gives a result while you type ! ( but only harddisks no network or onedrive )
UKWhaleWatcher

Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:38 pm
Many thanks. I've been searching using Windows search to no avail, I'll download the suggested search utility and keep looking.

Thanks again.

Keep safe and well.

Best wishes

Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:00 pm
Stickies disappeared Folder10

This is my stickies folder for version9 , you can see it has a "backups" folder , by default it autobacks up ( you can change it in traymenu "Options")

Normally "everything" searches for files but you can change it to folders too ! In stickies traymenu is a "restore" option but you need the directory to use it . Changing the search in "everything"  from "everything" to "folder" can maybe locate backups.

Stickies disappeared Everyt10

Thanks keep safe too !
UKWhaleWatcher

Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:51 pm
Finally found my backups and restored my Stickies, many many thanks for all your help.  Very Happy Laughing
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum