Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KathrynBassett
KathrynBassett

Win 11 keep Stickies running in notification area Empty Win 11 keep Stickies running in notification area

Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:40 am
I can pin Stickies to task area but I don't want to take up that real estate. I have put the shortcut in the Startup folder and it will start when I start the computeri. But if close a Stickie to get it off the taskbar, it closes the program instead of leaving the icon in the notification area like it does in Win10. How do I keep it running in the background so I can just righ?click on the icon in the notification area and choose (for example) New Note or Manage Notes, or Hide or whatever?
guest_today

Win 11 keep Stickies running in notification area Empty Re: Win 11 keep Stickies running in notification area

Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:03 pm
Win 11 keep Stickies running in notification area 730610

I guess you have the taskbar button enabled ? Try disabling the setting , you will only then have the icon in the notification area .
KathrynBassett
KathrynBassett

Win 11 keep Stickies running in notification area Empty Re: Win 11 keep Stickies running in notification area

Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:57 pm
Thank you so much. I'd looked at that so much and was totally "blind" to that saying task bar vs notifications. It took a fresh set of eyes, and when I tried unclicking that on faith in your answer, and rebooted, everything then worked as I wanted it to.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum