Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SPOOK
SPOOK

Please post FF&F X50. Fine tuning update. Empty Please post FF&F X50. Fine tuning update.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:07 pm
Please go ahead and post FF&F X50.
 Please post FF&F X50. Fine tuning update. 8HoJEgolqFd+cAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
REFERENCE:  https://zhornsoftware.forumotion.com/t919-fff-x50-rev-a-suite-web-post-proposed

Thanks

Last edited by SPOOK on Mon May 13, 2024 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Please post FF&F X50. Fine tuning update. Empty Re: Please post FF&F X50. Fine tuning update.

Sat May 11, 2024 9:04 am
Ok, have done.

Tom
SPOOK
SPOOK

Please post FF&F X50. Fine tuning update. Empty Just a little Fine Tuning

Mon May 13, 2024 12:02 am
Thank you for Posting FF&F X50.

I like that, "OK, have done." short and sweet. In the future I'll try to do more "short and sweet".

For now I need to dive into FF&F X50 Posting. There may be a little spill-over into notations of other FF&F.

O.K. Here we go... 

The "Sorted by popularity" and "Sorted by name" look great, you got that FF&F X50 POST FAN.png in there without a background border on both of them, thank-you so much, that is the look I've been trying for. FF&F 1, 3 and X50 in the Browsing Grid have no borders and are the jewels of my postings on the Browsing Grid. If you get a chance please tell me the size I need to submit to get that No Border effect. (I.e. 300 x 150 for the Browsing Grid and 400 x 200 for the Suite Page will always work.) I need every pixel I can get to display 16 Skins.

All of my FF&F Suites on the browsing Grid when Rolled-Over and the black-background pops up does not have By "RLD" under the Suite Name. I have look at almost all the ~380 Skins and my FF&F apparently are the only ones without a Creator on the browsing Grid. (eep!)

"Sorted by release date" got missed for the FF&F X50 POST FAN.png.  See Below:

Please post FF&F X50. Fine tuning update. Newest11

Stickies Skin Suites:

This is some of that Spill-Over, The added notations don't effect the file name or link and are only descriptive:

Please post FF&F X50. Fine tuning update. Suites13

Now to the "Stickies Skin Suite", Form, Fit and Function X50 web page.

Really great job, you got the FF&F X50 SUITE BANNER FAN.png in there with only a 1 pixel border. I think I like that just as much or better than no border, those rounded corners are a great touch.

And the 16 Single Skins on the right side look great without a border, just need to add a Yellow one at the end for the full 16 Skins.

I need to address the PROPOSED 3,4,5, AND 6 item numbers.

Please post FF&F X50. Fine tuning update. 3456_x10

Item #3: When the "fffsuitex50.zip (31kB)" is unzipped the file names present as;

fffblkx50.ssk
fffblux50.ssk   
fffbrnx50.ssk   
fffburx50.ssk   
fffcprx50.ssk   
fffcrmx50.ssk   
fffgldx50.ssk   
fffgrax50.ssk   
fffgrnx50.ssk   
ffflavx50.ssk   
fffpnkx50.ssk   
fffpurx50.ssk   
fffsilx50.ssk   
ffftanx50.ssk   
fffteax50.ssk   
fffyelx50.ssk   

They must be the following Names and upper Case, I currently have over 231,346 Skins downloaded in the following FF&F Suite standard naming convection.

FF&F BLK X50.ssk
FF&F BLU X50.ssk   
FF&F BRN X50.ssk   
FF&F BUR X50.ssk   
FF&F CPR X50.ssk   
FF&F CRM X50.ssk   
FF&F GLD X50.ssk   
FF&F GRA X50.ssk   
FF&F GRN X50.ssk   
FF&F LAV X50.ssk   
FF&F PNK X50.ssk   
FF&F PUR X50.ssk   
FF&F SIL X50.ssk   
FF&F TAN X50.ssk   
FF&F TEA X50.ssk   
FF&F YEL X50.ssk   

The Zip file I Emailed you have these in the my naming convection (as shown above) when unzipped.

Please post FF&F X50. Fine tuning update. Emaile10

I put the Zip file name per your naming convection (I thought it would make it easier for you to copy and paste) but not the 16 FF&F x50 Skin files inside, those are in my naming convection.

Items #4, #5 and #6: We gotta have items 4, 5 and 6 in there as shown. (Except for the color red that is just to highlight the editing.)All the other FF&F Suites have 4, 5, and 6.

Thanks

RLD
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Please post FF&F X50. Fine tuning update. Empty Re: Please post FF&F X50. Fine tuning update.

Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:06 pm
I think that's the items addressed - it seems that there's a difference between the perl system which I use for development here, and the one which the web hosting company use - there are little differences between how they handle data files.  I got the lists showing correctly at home, then uploaded the files assuming it was going to be the same - but no, it wasn't.

If you want to ever see the size of an image on the web, right-click it and choose Inspect.  Hovering over the line in the debug pane which opens will show you more info about the image - in this case it's 397 x 150 px.

I think it's worth mentioning that not only has the use of Stickies diminished recently (based on download counts and the amount of mail I receive) but that interest in skins has also dropped off a cliff.  Apart from you, I'm not sure that many people are developing, or at least publishing skins any longer.  Like I say, that's likely connected with the reduction in use of Stickies itself.

This does means that my investment in skins is rather lower than it once was.  I'm still maintaining them, but one day that may no longer be the case I'm afraid, and I don't want that day to take you too much by surprise.

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum