Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Milk.Vinni

In version 10.1d of the application, the network path not work Empty In version 10.1d of the application, the network path not work

Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:59 am
In version 10.1d of the application, the network path to the database does not work...

In version 10.1d of the application, the network path not work WFUeT0u4V9OHEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

It is also not possible to use environment variables in the path. The program does not follow the path containing the environment variables, it creates a folder with the name of the variable.

Example:
path in the registry

In version 10.1d of the application, the network path not work 3fDD5MiECEV2VbG+qQog2v0X7Mqy9GTXkhcGcE3vAjgTvKsQUZ7jj9mw39QXA9GXwMQDv92HUaPlbGP8tbEJp6jTZo10gV+K6BsttRhd0p7+iuMYZ4CAEh8MgIzAo+pwBCAMJJSAHgFGJqFwJCQAg8NgJXCT5bglCBb0vakCxCQAgIgTYCNwk+CAD3SttTVa0QEAJCQAhsBYGbBJ+tTE5yCAEhIASEwDYRUPDZpl4klRAQAkLgQyOg4POh1avJCQEhIAS2icDfKkhMpL80Z1MAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

result
In version 10.1d of the application, the network path not work AFhCIjAAEKDKHo7kgEBIBCFBI3oAtIBAZAQhQZA5Hc0EgJAIQoJC8AVtAIDICEKDIHI7mgkBIBCBAIXkDtoBAZAQgQJE5HM0FgZAIQIBC8gZsAYHICECAInM4mgsCIRGoXL16lVzHzMxMaufc3FwaRgAEQAAE2kUAAtQukigHBECgaQIQoKaRIQMIgEC7CECA2kUS5YAACDRNAALUNDJkAAEQaBcBCFC7SKIcEACBpglAgJpGhgwgAALtIgABahdJlAMCINA0AQhQ08iQAQRAoF0EIEDtIolyQAAEmiYAAWoaGTKAAAi0iwAEqF0kUQ4IgEDTBP4Pw+ONZgDoOcYAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Sorry, two questions in one thread...
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

In version 10.1d of the application, the network path not work Empty Re: In version 10.1d of the application, the network path not work

Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:43 pm
Huh, I thought that using a REG_EXPAND_SZ would solve this issue, but it seems not.  Try this build:

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/stickiesEnv.zip

It's got an extra API call which expands strings like %username%.

At the same time though, I was able to the Path value to a UNC share - I used "\\snas\data\shared\%username%" and Stickies put the data file into that place.  Does that path in your screenshot have a directory which starts with a period in it?

Tom
Milk.Vinni

In version 10.1d of the application, the network path not work Empty Re: In version 10.1d of the application, the network path not work

Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:53 am
In the attached version, the problem with environment variables is fixed! 
Thanks for the great program and active support!

That's right, in the folder names of the path to the bases there is a folder whose name begins with a dot - .Profile
I thought that this would not be a problem - it is allowed by the file system... Thanks for the tip, I will take it into account in the future.

----
unfortunately, the path to the network folder does not work for me. Although I specified it without periods in the folder name and without using environment variables.
In version 10.1d of the application, the network path not work 0kR3kBDlBTthAkTYAOWGYRRomkcn0kUnpGENOkBPkhA0UaQOQE4ZZpGGWfldHvukjO8gJcoKcsIEibeAvFzfrkN4a14oAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

The specified path exists. The program in this folder even creates an activity.log file with the following content:

Code:
02.04.2024 10:44:15 [ERR_FS  ] Access is denied.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum