Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
iefremov

Error initialising TCP/IP Empty Error initialising TCP/IP

Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:49 am
Hello,
I've been using Stickies all over my office for a long time, and it is very comfortable to send stickies between PS's.
Now I need to create a new users on all the workstations, because I'm moving to active directory.
Unfortunately when I try to enable the network, the program gives the following 

"Error initialising TCP/IP
Networking has been disabled"

Error initialising TCP/IP Ghkhf0nBCoVoggPv0+s8PQKSvhRGMPo6aAD45JxoZPkQjmhGeqCECEH20syD6aEZ4AgRAQCCAD8bEcAABxwhA9I45HOaCAESPMQACjhGA6B1zOMwFAYgeYwAEHCMA0TvmcJgLAhA9xgAIOEYAonfM4TAXBCB6jAEQcIxAXvSO2Q1zQcBpAv8HsxlH8HjkgEEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

The stranges thing is that it works when I log-in as a local  user on the same PS ?!
But when I log-in as an AD user - it gives this error and disables the network option.

This is Win10 Pro 22H2
Stickies Version 8.0C

Where should I look for the problem?
Please help!
iefremov

Error initialising TCP/IP Empty Error initialising TCP/IP UPDATE

Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:04 am
I installed the last version - 10.1d, and the networking seems to work now.
Cheers!
iefremov

Error initialising TCP/IP Empty Error initialising TCP/IP UPDATE 2

Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:17 am
OK, now the situation has turn upside down  Shocked - the new (AD) user has a working network, but if I try to enable it on the local user - it gives again the same error.
I give up here, and just will install 10.1d on every new user.
Regards!
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Error initialising TCP/IP Empty Re: Error initialising TCP/IP

Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:29 pm
Are you using user switching on the workstations?  Stickies has a default IP port it uses, but as only one process on a computer can use a port, if you switch to a new user, leaving the first one logged in, then the second instance of Stickies can't open that port, and will throw the message you're seeing.

That might explain it?

Tom
Sponsored content

Error initialising TCP/IP Empty Re: Error initialising TCP/IP

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum