Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BuddhaNature
BuddhaNature

Possible Bug: Random Behaviour of 'Attached' Stickie Empty Possible Bug: Random Behaviour of 'Attached' Stickie

Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:30 am
System Details:
Stickies 10.1d PortableApps
Windows 10 Pro. x64
Firefox 116.0 x64

I am writing to report a problem with 'attached' stickies as follows:

Create a stickie on the desktop, make sure that it is not set to always on top — I will now call this stickie the Desktop Stickie. Now open Firefox and display it so that the Firefox window is on top of the Desktop Stickie. Now for Firefox attach a new stickie to a tab that is displayed in Firefox. For the settings of the attached stickie select "Only if visible (not minimized)". Let's say I attach it to a tab that is displaying "Bravo". Now do the following:

With the Bravo tab active in Firefox minimise the Firefox window. Result, the attached stickie disappears (as would be expected). Now restore the Firefox window, the attached stickie shows up again (as would be expected. However, if I now click on another tab of Firefox (not the Bravo tab) the stickie disappears (as would be expected). However, do this repeatedly (switch between tabs repeatedly) and one of things that starts to happen is the Desktop Stickie is brought to the front of Firefox when the attached stickie disappears (this is very annoying) — the Desktop stickie should not be brought to the fore when the attached stickie disappears. This behaviour seems to be random, I haven't been able to pin down what the 'trigger' is for stickies to act in this way.

P.S. I also tried the same procedure with a stickie attached to a folder in Windows Explorer. Switching repeatedly between windows folders produces the same random result: the Desktop Stickie is brought to the fore.

Is there any solution to this kind of behaviour? (Seems like a bug to me.)
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Possible Bug: Random Behaviour of 'Attached' Stickie Empty Re: Possible Bug: Random Behaviour of 'Attached' Stickie

Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:14 pm
If you clear the check against "Clicking on note makes all notes visible" in Settings, does that help?

Tom
BuddhaNature
BuddhaNature

Possible Bug: Random Behaviour of 'Attached' Stickie Empty Re: Possible Bug: Random Behaviour of 'Attached' Stickie

Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:54 pm
Hello Tom,

Thank you for your response.

I made the setting you suggest and, with five minutes of testing (Firefox and Windows Explorer), that seems to have solved the issue (thought at the cost of setting I suppose).

That said the problem was fairly random, didn't happen every time, so there might be the possibility that it will surface in the future. If it does I'll post back here.

Thanks again.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum