Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
xjamms

All text selected after changing style, prevents changing between styles quickly Empty All text selected after changing style, prevents changing between styles quickly

Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:51 pm
Problem: When changing style for sticky using hotkeys (e.g. Alt + 2), after change of style all the text is selected in the note. If I try to change style again, it does not work as expected because of the selected text. The Font and Opacity will change as set for the style, but the background color is not changed. I need to click into the note to make sure the text is not selected before trying a different style. 

I am currently using Stickies 10.1d.

In previous versions all text was not selected after changing the style. This allowed for quickly changing between styles if I selected the wrong one initially (or I want to go through different styles and see which color I want as my background). E.g. clicking Alt+1 then  Alt+2 then Alt+3, these would each cycle through the styles. No text is selected after each action. 

I don't remember the exact version when this started happening. I think it might have been when changing from v9 to v10 or after an update in V9 and continued in v10. If needed, I can try downloading previous versions and retest to narrow this down. 

I don't think this is related to skin chosen. I have tried with multiple skins and this did not change behavior. 

Steps to reproduce:

Default Style (Alt+0): Yellow background, Arial 10 black, Opacity 100%
Style Blue Alt+1: Blue background, Arial 10 Black, Opacity 100%
Style Green Alt+2: Green background, Arial 14 Blue, Opacity 50%
Style Pink Alt+3: Pink background, April 10 black, Opacity 100%

Scenario 1: Use one of the styles with alternate font face and/or opacity to see that some settings for that style are set, but no background color.
1. Create new note and add text, (Yellow background, Arial 10 black, Opacity 100%)
-- no text is selected
2. Click Alt+1 to change style
-- Style changed as expected (Blue background, Arial 10 Black, Opacity 100%)
-- All text is selected in the note (Automatically, nothing done by user for this)
3. Click Alt+2 to change style while text is still selected
-- Style is not changed as expected 
Actual: Blue background, Arial 14 Blue, Opacity 50% ; All text is still selected
Expected: Green background, Arial 14, Blue, Opacity 50%; Text not selected

Scenario 2: Use styles that all have same font and opacity. It appears that nothing changes. 
1. Create new note and add text, (Yellow background, Arial 10 black, Opacity 100%)
-- no text is selected
2. Click Alt+1 to change style
-- Style changed as expected (Blue background, Arial 10 Black, Opacity 100%)
-- All text is selected in the note (Automatically, nothing done by user for this)
3. Click Alt+3 to change style
-- Appears that nothing is changed since there wouldn't be expected change in font face
Actual: Blue background, Arial 10 Black, Opacity 100%; All text is still selected
Expected: Pink background, April 10 black, Opacity 100%; Text not selected

If there are specific earlier versions, skins, or style settings you want me to test with, please let me which ones you would like me to try.
Let me know if you want screenshots to help visualize what is happening.

Last edited by xjamms on Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit for clarity in actual/expected result.)
LaurentG

All text selected after changing style, prevents changing between styles quickly Empty Re: All text selected after changing style, prevents changing between styles quickly

Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:15 pm
I confirm I have the same bug.

I did some tests with previous versions of Stickies, and it appears that bug is there starting with v10.1c (no bug until, and including, v10.1b)
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

All text selected after changing style, prevents changing between styles quickly Empty Re: All text selected after changing style, prevents changing between styles quickly

Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:13 pm
Ah yes, I see, thanks for the comprehensive report.  The issue is that when you set a style, all the text is being selected as a side effect.

Does this build sort it for you please:

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/stickies160723.zip

Thanks,

Tom
LaurentG

Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:06 pm
Hi Tom,

yes, I confirm, with this build, bug is no more there.
Thank you.

Is there ONLY this fix in this build, or also other modifications (in other words : may I put this build "in prod" withou any risk ?)
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:25 pm
Checking my notes there are only a few other small fixes, but I'd say you can use it for your daily work, sure.  I am.

"In prod" - do you happen to work in IT by any chance? Smile

Tom
LaurentG

Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:15 am
I usd to work in IT, but I'm now retired....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum