Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
dragonator

Caffeine causing bugcheck Empty Caffeine causing bugcheck

Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:37 pm
I've having an issue on one of my machine whenever I run caffeine. At some point, sometimes several minutes, other times hours, I always have a crash. The system log has an event with a bugcheck of:: 0x0000001a (0x000000000000003f, 0x00000000000b2ae9, 0x0000000060514154, 0x0000000031defa7d). 
Caffeine may not be the culprit, but it's definitely the trigger.

Any other logs that might be helpful in isolating this?

Thanks

Caffeine causing bugcheck Empty Re: Caffeine causing bugcheck

Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:28 am
Is caffeine exe mentioned in the error dump or any other exe or file ? There are tools from microsoft to  analyse these error logs but i wonder if it would give any practical hint as the error seems to point to a crc error in the pagefile .

---------------
An inpage operation failed with a CRC error. Parameter 2 contains the pagefile offset. Parameter 3 contains the page CRC value. Parameter 4 contains the expected CRC value.
---------------

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/6302.windows-bugcheck-analysis.aspx?Sort=MostRecent&PageIndex=1

If your pc has diagnostics i would run the "extensive" memory check and drive check . As far as i know there has never been a posting with a serious error with caffeine .

I you use caffeine to just send F15 key to the system , you could use a powershell script to do the same and see if you still get the crash .
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum