Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
timn

Some text expanders not working since Stickies 10.1a Empty Some text expanders not working since Stickies 10.1a

Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:34 pm
Thanks for Stickies which I use every day.
I run it on Windows 10 64bit PCs with the latest MS updates.
I have just installed 10.1a and none of the text expander utilities I use are working in a stickie.
I have tested BeefText (an open source project), Breevy and Fastkeys.
They are designed to recognize character sequences like ',kr' and expand it to something longer like 'Kind Regards'.
They all worked with 10.0d.
Has something to do with character entry in Stickies that would explain this?

Some text expanders not working since Stickies 10.1a Empty Re: Some text expanders not working since Stickies 10.1a

Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:19 am
Some text expanders not working since Stickies 10.1a 213410

I found no problem using v10.1a on win10 pro ( updated win10 yesterday) .

Some text expanders not working since Stickies 10.1a 213510

You could try the shorcut's in WordPad as it uses the same windows edit control code as stickies . These apps use a keylogger maybe your antivirus is blocking it , i only have native windows defender running .
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Some text expanders not working since Stickies 10.1a Empty Re: Some text expanders not working since Stickies 10.1a

Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:38 pm
I've also found it's OK.  I just installed the latest Stickies on a Windows 11 virtual machine (!) and then put on Breevy.  It's working OK in text notes - the demo shortcuts which come with the app are expanding as expected, just as they do in notepad as well.

I wonder whether it's something with your machine instead - is it still working in other apps?

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum