Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
stickier

How can I make a sticky stick IN a website? Empty How can I make a sticky stick IN a website?

Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:30 am
I have an attached sticky #1 that sticks OK on the home page of a website, but once logged into the site I want another sticky #2 to stick on a subsequent page. sticky #2 displays sometimes but then vanishes, only to re-appear now and then.  How please?
SPOOK
SPOOK

How can I make a sticky stick IN a website? Empty Re: How can I make a sticky stick IN a website?

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:32 pm
Sounds like you have ATTACHED Stickie #2 OK (If you made a dup [ctl-taskbar] or a new one and then ATTACHED to new web page).

Sometime the TOP does not ON TOP with a ATTACHED Stickie, (a windows sequencing problem I think) I set my web pages (or other windows) to show some desktop (mine - to the right of the opened web pages) then put my ATTACHED - ON TOP Stickie snapped to the right screen edge so some of the ATTACHED - ON TOP Stickie will always show and not get hidden under the open web page. then I click any part of the ATTACHED - ON TOP Stickie to show all of the ATTACHED - ON TOP Stickie on top of the open web page. 

SPOOK
stickier

How can I make a sticky stick IN a website? Empty Re: How can I make a sticky stick IN a website?

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:23 am
Thx for that generic tip.

For the particular troublesome sticky, if I click Attach, the Title changes (it seems to be derived from stock exchange indices  e.g. sometimes to do with FTSE or Dow Jones etc. which is constantly changing on the page) so I wonder if I need to somehow derive a constant  for the page and enter that as the Title?      The Title the sticky chose and showing at present is Trading - FTSE : 7407.1 +0.0 (0.00%) - Google Chrome   but on the current web page the TAB is showing Trading - DAX 118... +0.0 (0.00%) - Google Chrome.

The Class is constant as Chrome_WidgetWin_1
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:51 pm
Yes, that's the idea - notes can get attached to a window they recognise - and that recognition is done by the window class and title.  To work effectively, there needs to be something common to the window you want to attach to, and just those.

With web browsers, that's set by the site you're visiting, which make that tricky :/

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum