Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JMJG

Help with SSIT Empty Help with SSIT

Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:46 am
Can anyone help with using SSIT? The OS on my desktop computer was reinstalled causing me to lose all my files and programs, fortunately I have a backup of my data. However by the time I was able to access the backup, I reinstalled stickies and started a new database, so I need to merge the backup with the new data. I thought SSIT would do that, but when I select my data and click send to stickies, I don't know where or even if the program is sending my data. Can some one help me merge the 2 databases. BTW when I say backup, I am talking about the original data files from my computer before it was formatted. Also I run stickies on several computers and would like to be able to merge the data from both so I have the same data on both computers. As I said I figured SSIT was just what I needed, but clicking on send to stickies seems to have no effect, I don't see any changes to any of my stickies files and no conformation that anything was done. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Rolling Eyes Question

Help with SSIT Empty Re: Help with SSIT

Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:02 am
Actually the "send" creates the sticky/ies on the desktop so you should see them appearing . If it is from a mdb datafile they are at the center because no position info is stored in the database . If it is an ini or bak maybe they are offscreen you could see the position parameters in the properties window in ssit to be sure.

I am using win10 pro and the stickies version is v9.0e.

Help with SSIT ZUjskOO
JMJG

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:32 pm
Thanks for the reply, Very Happy I figured out my problem, I had shut stickies down so it could not send the data to stickies. I forgot I had done that, I know from experience that if stickies is running when you try to overwrite the stickies.ini file it does no good as stickies just saves data over it when it exits, so I figured I had to have stickies shutdown to use ssit as well. When I tried it with stickies running, my stickies popped up the screen. I do have one question however, when you use ssit to recover the store.mbd file, where does the send to stickies button send those stickies? I did not see those stickies pop up, nor does it look like the store.mbd file for my running stickies has changed.
JMJG

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:35 pm
Ops I just reread your post and it looks like you already answered my question. Guess I will have to sort through all the stickies and save or store the ones I don't currently need. Again thanks for your help. cheers
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum