Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
aharrisreid

Highlighting current window Empty Highlighting current window

Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:03 pm
Hello, 

I often have a number of Stickies windows on the screen at the same time (I have it set so that if one wakes, all hidden windows also wake).  However, I often find it difficult to pick-out the window that has just woken against all the others.  Similarly, if I close a window, I can't easily see pick-out the next 'current' window.

Has anyone any ideas to highlight the 'current' window rather than having to look for a flashing I-bar in each window (not easy to see at the best of times).  Any way of highlighting the title-bar or window background colour perhaps?

Hope I have described the problem in a way you can easily understand.  

Any help appreciated...

Alan
guest_today

Highlighting current window Empty Re: Highlighting current window

Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:57 pm
Maybe i did not understood your problem but did you take a look at the " alerts " section in " options " ( the flashing border ) ?

What version of stickies or you using and do you use a custom skin or the default ? You use the term " current " window is this different from active window because there is a big difference in appearance for the default skin between active /non active .
Milk.Vinni

Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:01 pm
set the transparency of new notes to 70% (settings) and in the settings also set "Snap back to transparent when done editing (don't fade)
Then the active note will not be transparent, and not the active semi-transparent ones. 
Convenient!
aharrisreid

Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:30 pm
Hello 'guest_today' (posted message on Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:57 pm)

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the 'Alerts' setting and 'Flash Border' is ticked, but that doesn't seem to be working.  I haven't seen a flashing border in years :-(

Using version 10.1b with default skin

"You use the term " current " window is this different from active window because there is a big difference in appearance for the default skin between active /non active ."
Not sure what the difference between current and active window is - When I have a number of stickies up on my screen at the same time (default black text, yellow background, grey title-bar) they all look the same, except for a flashing 'I bar' in one of the windows (which I am referring to as the current/active window), which is where text would appear should I start typing.  What I am looking for is a way to make this 'current' window more prominent so that it stands-out from all the other windows.  Similarly if I click on any other Stickie Window, I want that to be the newly-highlighted window.

Many thanks,
Alan
aharrisreid

Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:05 pm
To Milk.Vinni

Your suggestion of making new Stickies transparent works :-). 
A different colour scheme for the active window would be nice, but making all other windows semi-transparent is good-enough for me.

The only problem I have now is to recrate all my sleeping stickies to make sure they are transparent when they show again.  Is there any way you know of to change the transparency of all existing stickies en-masse, or are they stuck with the colour-scheme they were created with?

Many thanks for your help.

Alan
guest_today

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 am
To perform an action on more than one note at a time, first group the stickies on which you'd like to act so that they either overlap, or are snapped to each other. Then hold shift as you right-click to call up the context menu. A black and white border will appear around the stickies, and when you choose a menu item, that action will happen to all those highlighted.

From the help file.

Maybe it helps if your stickies are all on the desktop .
aharrisreid

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:26 am
Hello guest-today, 

Yes - all my awake stickies are on the desktop, so it was quite easy to change all their properties at the same time.

Thanks for the tip.

Alan
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum