Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RPWeichold

sending stickies via internet directly onto a screen Empty sending stickies via internet directly onto a screen

Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:14 pm
Hello, a marvelous programm! But I do not understand, how to send a sticky to another machine via internet. I´m am working in a larger LAN, connected via AVM-Router to the internet. At the destination there is also a LAN with 3 machines, connected via AVM-Router to the internet.
How is the procedure to get the destination machine directly addressed? Sticky is also working there. Networking-Option is set. I am not conveniant with "resolving hostnames" or anything like this. But should be able to understand some explanation. Please help. Thanks
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

sending stickies via internet directly onto a screen Empty Re: sending stickies via internet directly onto a screen

Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:58 pm
Notes sent over the network use TCP/IP, and the network connection goes directly from the sending machine to the receiving.  That will mean the network will need to support that.  Between two sites, that might be a WAN, or a VPN, or (yuck) port forwarding.

It's certainly possible, but it's dependant on your network setup, so I'd check in with the person who runs the network and ask them to be able to directly reach a machine on another LAN.

Tom
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum