Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
kaptah

Stickies crash when manage window is open Empty Stickies crash when manage window is open

Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:46 pm
Hello, 

Stickies crash every time when I put a note to sleep if Manage notes window is open.

Crying or Very sad
LaurentG

Stickies crash when manage window is open Empty Re: Stickies crash when manage window is open

Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:15 am
Personnally, I CANNOT reproduce.

Which version of Stickies are you running ? Under which OS ?
Which kind of "sleep" ? Any one, or number of days/hours/etc.. or specific date ?
kaptah

Stickies crash when manage window is open Empty Re: Stickies crash when manage window is open

Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:04 am
Version: v10.1d. 

Which kind of "sleep" ?
Custom Sleep:

Stickies crash when manage window is open 2dFuS1uKfQ176wEXFzYr0kBBjl0n3uifQ1yXviCgij7+c6wmAw4P8DhHLSvvcYPCEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Any one, or number of days/hours/etc.. or specific date ?
I'm not sure. It has happened almost every time during last 3 months (?). I always set it as minutes, usually something between 10 and 10 080 minutes. Quite often I set 230, 460, 720 or 1320  minutes, so the day does change during that time, but not always.
LaurentG

Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:32 pm
I do not uderstand your latest sentence :
I'm not sure. It has happened almost every time during last 3 months (?). I always set it as minutes, usually something between 10 and 10 080 minutes. Quite often I set 230, 460, 720 or 1320  minutes, so the day does change during that time, but not always.

My question (Any one, or number of days/hours/etc.. or specific date ?) was the proposed answer to the more general question Which kind of "sleep" ?
And you already answered it was setting custom sleep.

So what do you mean with your latest sentence ?

And I confirm that I cannot reproduce your problem, while I'm using the same version of Stickies and of Windows....
kaptah

Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:22 pm
Which kind of "sleep" ? Any one, or number of days/hours/etc.. or specific date ?

I understood you asked what kind of "sleep" I have used. That's "Custom" 

Also, I understood which time interval have usedIt has happened with all times I have used.And like I wrote, I have always set the time as minutes.

And I confirm that I cannot reproduce your problem

Just to make sure, did you have "Manage notes" -window open at the same time?
LaurentG

Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:54 pm
kaptah wrote: Just to make sure, did you have "Manage notes" -window open at the same time?

Yes sure !
And I tried to keep it open on various "pages" when "sleeping" some note, in case issue would be only with some of these pages, but I never had Stickies crashing....
Sorry for you (and happy for me !)

Maybe you could try to completely remove, then re-install Stickies app.
If you do so, keep a copy of database before uninstall, to restore it after re-install, and so do not lose your stickies history...

Have good luck !
kaptah

Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:37 pm
Thanks for reply Smile

I'll try that. Just few more questions:

1. What name is database file(s) and in which folder are they located?
    Or can I rely on backup function?
2. Can I backup/restore the settings of program?
LaurentG

Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:53 pm
In WIN10, database is by default stored as C:\Users\[UserName]\appdata\roaming\stickies\stickies.db
But you can verify where it is in your specific istall, it's displayed in the "About Stickies" menu.

You can also define where you want to store it. Have a look in help file, in "Reference / Backup" chapter. All is very clearly explained.
Personnally, I used these instructions to tore it else where, somewhere under "My Documents"

And about settings of program, actually all is stored in the database, stickies content and layout and options, and program settings as well.

And if you are curious, database is a sqlite db, you can explore with "DB Browser for SQLite" (https://sqlitebrowser.org/).
Its data model is completely described in the .chm help file, in "Reference / stickies.db" chapter.
kaptah

Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:57 pm
Sounds great. This will be useful, thanks
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:54 pm
For info, uninstalling Stickies won't touch your data file ... and nor will reinstalling it.  In fact the install/uninstall routines don't even know the name of the data file.  I decided that was much safer than having the app perform a clean uninstall - I've had many people write to me saying they tried an uninstall/reinstall as the first thing to solve a problem, and had the uninstall removed the data file ... erk.

However, I'd also suggest an uninstall won't help anyway.  The installer simply copies one exe file into place, and the removal deletes it.  Well, more or less.

I also don't have a problem with setting a custom sleep with Manage open - when you say "crash" do you mean the app closes and needs to be re-opened, or that it locks up and becomes unresponsive?

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum