Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Sietsema

Stickies won't startup anymore after a crash. Empty Stickies won't startup anymore after a crash.

Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:24 am
Hello,

After a crash the stickies won't start anymore.
I get the pop-up:
Another instance of Stickies is already running. Please close other instances of stickies before launching stickies portable.

The software is placed on a USB drive.
The strange thing is i will start on another computer.

Please indicate how I can get it working again.

Regards,

Hans

Stickies won't startup anymore after a crash. Empty Re: Stickies won't startup anymore after a crash.

Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:38 pm
Stickies won't startup anymore after a crash. Taskma10

You can check if another stickies is running using TaskManager  ( shortcut ctrl shift esc or rightclick Taskbar ) , if it is you can rightclick the stickies.exe entry and view the properties the path to the exe should be there . If you are lucky you can simple disable stickies starting , there is a tab StartUp in the TaskManager where you can disable startups from programs that uses standard way of starting .

btw do you start stickies manually from the usb ?
Sietsema

Stickies won't startup anymore after a crash. Empty Re: Stickies won't startup anymore after a crash.

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:21 am
Good day,

I'm starting the app manual from a USB stick.
There are no Stickies instances running on my system.
That's why I thought there might be files on the computer.
Possibly in the user directory (appdata)?

Regards,

Hans

Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:36 am
Are you using PortableApps ? It is a mystery it runs on another PC but maybe you can check this :

https://superuser.com/questions/586090/how-can-i-fix-another-instance-of-someapp-is-currently-closing-error-message
Sietsema

Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:51 am
Good day,

Thank you for your assistance.
I've looked through all the files and can't find the files that were indicated.
The thing I can't understand is it will run on one computer and not on another computer.

That's why I thought the PID file was stored in a folder in the user dir?

Hope someone knows how to fix it.

Regards,

Hans
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:10 pm
You're better off posting in a PortableApps forum I'm afraid.  That error sounds like one from the PA customisation which is wrapped around Stickies.  I wrote the app to work in a portable way already, but the PA work goes a little further.

One solution you could consider if you get no luck elsewhere is to no longer use the PA wrapper.  If you put stickies.exe and stickies.db in the same folder, you can run the exe, and it will use the db file for all data operations.  Putting them both on a pen drive will therefore mean the app is portable.

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum