Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Hj

Difficulty accessing notes I can see in indexes. Empty Difficulty accessing notes I can see in indexes.

Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:37 am
Most notes appear to be in a bin )bin symbol next to about 40 notes; or sleeping etgc. Cant seem to open them to look at them. When choose 'restrore; just get one blank new note.

My whole programe just disappeared off PC. I reinstalled. At first all blank-no noltes - like a new user. Later, reopened after new download and notes are in lists (like bin, sleeping) but cant see them.

Advice? Thank you
guest_today

Difficulty accessing notes I can see in indexes. Empty Re: Difficulty accessing notes I can see in indexes.

Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:29 am
By default stickies has a 7day backup , you find it under " SettingsĀ  App " in the traymenu and use the restore with an older date . You can also use the ssit tool on the store.db file to see if you can readout your stickies .

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/tools.html

What version of stickies are you using?
Hj

Difficulty accessing notes I can see in indexes. Empty Re: Difficulty accessing notes I can see in indexes.

Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:40 pm
Version 10.1d

When I tried the restore option in the app, it said that all past content would be overwritten. I thought this meant ity would be blank.

The items that are all with the bin icon- are they actually in the bin ? Why are 40 notes at a time going to the bin?

I think previously I coud still open and see those notes. Not now.
guest_today

Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:18 pm
Yes you can send all desktop stickies to the bin using bulk select but i do not think that this is what happened .

Difficulty accessing notes I can see in indexes. 648510

This is what restoring said if you select a backup file , it will overwrite the existing store.db with the backup one you select from the backup directory.

You can find info in the helpfile under " References / backup "

You can see if the backup files have all your notes by opening them with the ssit tool for v10:
https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/tools/ssit10.zip
Hj

Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:42 pm
Thank you. I did the restore procecss. Result is the same - can see there are say 40 notes with a bin symbol beside them. Cannot open and read any. Other categories with a number of notes recorded (e.g. sleeping) also will not open.

This all began when I opened PC and found the Zhorn Sticky program was just not on the comnputer anywhere. I downloaded anew and it is as described.
guest_today

Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:35 am
By default every day a backup is made and the oldest deleted , so if you try the restore the first backups ( the name is the date ) will be the same as ( i guess ) the messed up store.db .

You can try the oldest backup and also switch off the auto backup otherwise after 7 days all backups are replaced . You could also take a backup of the backup files or rename them so they are not lost .

You can contact Tom Revell by email and link your post as it will sometimes takes time between his visists to the forum .

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/contact.html
Hj

Difficulty accessing notes I can see in indexes. Empty Difficulty accessing notes I can see in indexes.

Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:39 pm
I downloaded theĀ ssit tool for v10. All categoies are blank.
guest_today

Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:52 am
Difficulty accessing notes I can see in indexes. 5310

Did you try the oldest backup file with ssit , and disabled autobackup so you keep these older backups ?
If they are empty it does not look good ...... then i would ask Tom Revell for advice .
Hj

Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:46 pm
Thank you everyone for your help.I'll give it a rest for now. But I do just love my Notes facility.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum