Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
paul.neocube
paul.neocube

Question regarding the Networking feature Empty Question regarding the Networking feature

Thu May 19, 2022 4:29 am
Hi there. Been using the program for some time and love it. I only use it for quick reminders, and soon after creation they are deleted. None the less, it has been very helpful. Recently I have wanted to play with the program a bit more and see what other features it has to offer. I came across the Networking settings. Now, I have no "friends" in the app, (or really in real life for that matter) but I figured this could be used to share notes across computers in my network. Is this correct? I enabled it for two PCs of mine but could not fiigure out how I might be able to utilize it.

Any quick assistance? Many thanks in advance for any assistance provided!

Question regarding the Networking feature Empty Re: Question regarding the Networking feature

Thu May 19, 2022 9:29 am
You can send without using " Friends " but typing a name is easier that the lan adress .

If you rightclick the titlebar of a sticky you have the " Send to "  option , just use " specify " and type the lan adress of the other pc  ( ex 192.168.1.12 ).

This should send the sticky to the other pc . If not ...... well windows being windows you can try restarting both pc 's and try again .

You can use " resource monitoring "  ( type resmon in the search on the taskbar ) at the bottom listening ports stickies.exe must be listed as allowed .

If you use " Friends "  :

-  click   New Friend
-  fill in  a name and lan adress
-  click  "save"

When you open the " Send to " in the rightclick menu of a sticky the name should be there .

Most of the problems is the firewall of one of the pc's blocking the connection . There is a post with some suggestions to try if things do not work.

https://zhornsoftware.forumotion.com/t569-problems-on-windows-11

Best regards ,
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum