Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
OldGrantonian

Sometimes 2 or more notes react to a command on a single note Empty Sometimes 2 or more notes react to a command on a single note

Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:32 am
Sometimes I might have several notes on the screen at the same time.

Infrequently, if I perform an action on one note, some of the other notes might also react to the command.

Example 1: If I drag one note, several other notes (not necessarily ALL the other notes) might move by the same amount. The other notes might or might not be physically attached to the selected note.

Example 2: If I sleep one note for 10 minutes, some other notes might also disappear, and re-appear after 10 minutes.

Any advice?

BTW:  My current hack is simply to Exit stickies, then reload stickies.

This is not a "Known issue". Neither is it mentioned in "Keyboard Shortcuts".

Thanks.

Sometimes 2 or more notes react to a command on a single note Empty Re: Sometimes 2 or more notes react to a command on a single note

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:14 am
This is the only reason i know but normally you see a border around the stickies if activated :

From the helpfile on  bulk select:

To perform an action on more than one note at a time, first group the stickies on which you'd like to act so that they either overlap, or are snapped to each other. Then hold shift as you right-click to call up the context menu. A black and white border will appear around the stickies, and when you choose a menu item, that action will happen to all those highlighted.

Best regards
OldGrantonian

Sometimes 2 or more notes react to a command on a single note Empty Re: Sometimes 2 or more notes react to a command on a single note

Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:13 pm
Sooyke wrote:
Then hold shift as you right-click to call up the context menu.

I was wondering if it was related to that stuff, but I wanted to ask an "open" question in my OP.

In fact, I stopped using Shift+Click in favour of Ctrl+Click.

Reason:  With files in a Windows directory, Shift+Click grabs all files between the first and second clicks. You can reduce or expand the selection by varying the location of second click.

So, I wondered if using Shift+Click in stickies is somehow grabbing files BETWEEN the locations of the first and second clicks. Maybe the X-coordinate or the Y-coordinate on the screen. Or maybe between files in a master list which is maintained by the program.

I therefore changed to using Ctrl+Click. With that combination, clicking any file adds the selected file to the selection - or removes the file.

I think I'll experiment some more with Ctrl+Click. I need to record exactly which notes I include in the selection.

BTW:  I don't think notes need to be snapped together to use Ctrl+Click. You can be added to the selection from anywhere on the screen.

Thanks.

Last edited by OldGrantonian on Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:27 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : misspelt user handle)
OldGrantonian

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:42 am
In my OP, I said:

OldGrantonian wrote:
BTW:  My current hack is simply to Exit stickies, then reload stickies.

In fact, I've found a more elegant hack.

Click on any one of the linked notes. 

Then Ctrl+Click. That produces the chequered border.

Press Escape.

That clears the border (as expected). But it also severs the virtual link.

That works if exactly 2 notes are linked. That's all I've found so far.

If I find any other virtual links containing more than 2 notes, I can report back here.

Thanks.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum