Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
capella

Stickies missing Empty Stickies missing

Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:05 am
I have version 10.0d

I have a four-monitor setup and generally keep all of my stickies on one monitor, with a few exceptions.

I replaced one of my monitors with a new one. The monitors alternately went on and off as I was setting up my desktops, and eventually I lost all but three of the 12 stickies that I currently have open.

The 9 missing stickies are showing in the Desktop section of the Manage Notes window, and right-clicking them offers the option to close the sticky, but they are not displaying on any of my monitors.

How do I get those 9 stickies back. I guess I could just copy the contents of each to new stickies and then close the old ones, but I was wondering if there was a feature/option in the program that allowed me to get them back.

Stickies missing Empty Re: Stickies missing

Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:20 am
You can try the option " Rescue Offscreen " in stickies traymenu .
radiocam

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:21 pm
Capella, I used to go crazy with stickies *partly* off-screen, like the top bit, so you lose control.
And then I discovered (completely by accident!) an amazing feature that, intentional or not, is pure magic:
- Open the Manage Notes dialog, and as you mentioned, you can see the note listed under "Desktop" (though offscreen)
- Now, left click on the sticky title in that middle "index" area under Desktop (or whatever the section heading), hold the mouse button down,  and *drag* the note by its title, onto your desktop.
- when you drop it there, that's where it appears.
Hope that's clear. If not I'll grab some screenshots for you.

Like what you were planning, I used to do the "copy-to-a-new-note, delete the old" thing - and then I found this. It is great!
capella

Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:04 pm
OMG! Thank you so much!!!

radiocam likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum