Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
pps

Caffeine causes the Control Panel's Region window to pop up continuously Empty Caffeine causes the Control Panel's Region window to pop up continuously

Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:10 am
Caffeine is causing the Region window that belongs to the Control Panel to pop up again and again.
I am on Windows 10 Home and I believe it started with the distribution of the 21H1 (Build 19043) release of Windows 10.
I upgraded to 21H2 (Build 19044) and the behavier did not change.
I installed the latest 64 bit version of Caffeine, presumably v1.97, but the issue persists.

Caffeine causes the Control Panel's Region window to pop up continuously Empty Re: Caffeine causes the Control Panel's Region window to pop up continuously

Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:22 pm
Caffeine causes the Control Panel's Region window to pop up continuously 362511

Do you mean this dialog ? There is no real hotkey for it unless you create one with intl.cpl commandline. Shocked

I do not have this problem , you could change the key that is send by caffeine ( default F15 ) to shift or any other key.
You can find the options here :

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/caffeine/index.html
pps

Caffeine causes the Control Panel's Region window to pop up continuously Empty Re: Caffeine causes the Control Panel's Region window to pop up continuously

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:39 pm
Yes, I do mean this window.
To double-check I ran 
[System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys]::SendWait("{F15}")
in PowerShell ICE and it also pops up this window.
Shift-F15 wich is sent by 
[System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys]::SendWait("+{F15}")
does not have any side effect on my system.
So, I changed the link to caffeine.exe which I have in my Start menu:
Its Properties > Shortcut > Target is now set to 
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Caffeine\caffeine.exe" -useshift
Now it works without popups.
Thanks
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum