Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CrazyDef

Caffeine: Auto Disable? Empty Caffeine: Auto Disable?

Tue May 04, 2021 2:23 pm
Hi,

Could you please add functionality to auto-disable Caffeine upon any user activity for at least half the lock-time the OS has configured?  The simulated key presses are interfering with some software that I use in really annoying ways.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Caffeine: Auto Disable? Empty Re: Caffeine: Auto Disable?

Thu May 27, 2021 4:45 pm
I won't do that, as in order to detect user activity, Caffeine would need to ask Windows to see everything that the user does - every key they press.  Sure, I'd write it so that they were immediately thrown away, but many security suites would say this looks like suspicious behaviour.

Instead, you might like to use a command line switch to alter the key that Caffeine uses, which will solve your problem (likely with Putty, or Google Sheets?)

Tom
CrazyDef

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:49 am
But that's fine.  As a user I'm quite capable of informing whatever security software that complains that I'm fine with what Caffeine is doing.  Clicking an accept button once isn't a big deal.

I'm not sure changing the key will help for me.  My problem is that *any* key being pressed causes debugger tooltips in Visual Studio to close.  (And the current default key also causes the ctrl-tab document switcher to close.)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum