Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
chatmandu

Caffeine | Windows 10 64 bit + Windows Defender | Not working Empty Caffeine | Windows 10 64 bit + Windows Defender | Not working

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:26 pm
Hi, 

Caffeine doesn't appear to be working on my PC. 

Windows 10
64-bit
Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2
Windows Defender

Are there any prerequisites - e.g. .NET framework version, java, etc? 

Thanks.

Caffeine | Windows 10 64 bit + Windows Defender | Not working Empty Re: Caffeine | Windows 10 64 bit + Windows Defender | Not working

Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:56 pm
I have the same windows version and no problems with caffeine . Did you download the latest version ?
It does not need any program that is not standard on win10 , if a library is missing there would be an error dialog window with some info .

Why do you think it is not working ? Do you have the traymenu with the options ? Does it not prevent PC to go to sleep mode ?
chatmandu

Caffeine | Windows 10 64 bit + Windows Defender | Not working Empty Re: Caffeine | Windows 10 64 bit + Windows Defender | Not working

Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:54 am
I have the same windows version and no problems with caffeine . Did you download the latest version ?

Yes. I downloaded the latest version from this site. 

Why do you think it is not working ? Do you have the traymenu with the options ? Does it not prevent PC to go to sleep mode ?

The application is active, but my monitor is turning off due to inactivity.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:23 am
Maybe you can use/try the shift key instead of sending F15 ?

https://zhornsoftware.forumotion.com/t384-help-caffeine-doesn-t-save-new-settings

I am running it as admin but i guess that is not really needed . You can always try if you have permission to run the exe as administrator .

Best regards ,
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:05 pm
There are a few more command line switches to help keep your machine awake - can you try the -stes command line, and see whether that works any better please?

Tom
New User

Caffeine | Windows 10 64 bit + Windows Defender | Not working Empty Targeted Caffeine

Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:44 pm
Hello, I've been on the search for an app that sends keystrokes to a specific window/app so that the window/app in question does not go to sleep / log you out thinking you are away. From my search, it seems like "Targeted Caffeine" is exactly what I am looking for. Where can I find this version? Has this been discontinued completely? Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:24 pm
Yes I'm afraid so.  I went to add a feature one day and found that it no longer worked.  I didn't change the code .. but I guess something in Windows was updated.

I know it still worked for some people, but putting out an app which only sporadically works as intended - that's not what people want - so I took it down.

Tom
Bruss

Caffeine | Windows 10 64 bit + Windows Defender | Not working Empty Same here -- Caffeine no longer works in windows :(

Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:17 pm
Same here.  -stes, full keystroke, windows is still going to sleep.  Caffeine worked for years for me until recently Sad  Tried 32bit, 64bit -- Windows 11
guest_today

Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:54 pm
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum