Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kwei

Win10  Virtual Desktop display. Empty Win10 Virtual Desktop display.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:51 am
Hi,
  I am using Stickies on Win10, it's very cool. 
  But I found an issue is: all notes will display on all "Virtual Desktop" in Win10. Is there any way to customize which "Virtual Desktop" show on?
Thanks.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Win10  Virtual Desktop display. Empty Re: Win10 Virtual Desktop display.

Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:06 am
I've looked into similar things in the past - or should I say similar products which provide virtual desktops.  Thing is, they all "cheat" by selectively showing and hiding applications.  You don't actually have multiple screens - it just seems like you do.  If the rules which virtual desktop software use to show and hide windows aren't quite right, then you'll see issues like the one you report.

I've changed a few things in Stickies in the past so that virtual desktop software can better work with the app, but you need to check in with the people who write the virtual desktop software to get them to change how it works, rather than me.

Desktop notes are windows with a class and title like all the others on your system, so there's no technical reason why they can't work correctly.  Of course, that means getting through to MS.  You might have better luck trying a different piece of virtual desktop software.

Tom
bokica

Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:15 pm
Virtual desktops are built in Windows 10 feature and I'm using it too and would like to have your helpful Stickies compatible with it.
I'm creating Virtual desktop per project or per client, as a web developer, so it will be nice to have different notes on different virtual screens.
Matt

Win10  Virtual Desktop display. Empty Win 10 virtual desktop support

Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:09 pm
I agree with bokica comments from October. It would be nice to control which desktop a note appears on.
Still, though, great app and very handy - thank you!
gmonkman

Win10  Virtual Desktop display. Empty Same here - Windows Task View is here to stay

Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:41 am
Yup same here. All other virtual desktop software may come and go (like my favourite dexpot [RIP]) but basic support for the inbuilt windows 10 one seems like a good idea.

To close though, I appreciate all the work that went into this, thanks!
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:21 am
It would be nice for the built-in virtual desktop software to work with everything, but sadly you're asking the wrong person for help.

Virtual desktop software works by showing and hiding other windows - Excel, Chrome or Stickies notes.

The W10 implementation manages to show and hide Excel and Chrome, but it doesn't do anything with Stickies note windows, which is why they show up across all virtual desktops.

You need to ask MS to ask to support Stickies, not me to support Virtual Desktops :/

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum