Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ALN

Stickies Only Display Headers Empty Stickies Only Display Headers

Mon May 28, 2018 11:19 pm
I must have inadvertently clicked on some options button (Don't know which one) and now all of my stickies only display the header. I tried everything I could think of in the right click pop up, but nothing worked. How do I display their contents again?

Thanks,
Al
v7.1b
Cherrie68

Stickies Only Display Headers Empty Re: Stickies Only Display Headers

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:04 pm
Hi there, I think you've clicked on the 'rolled-up' option, kinda like a 'minimise' feature so as to not clutter your screen when you don't need to view the note. To unroll it, simply right-click on the header and select the 'Unrolled' option. 

Stickies is jam-packed with lots of features, it's worth some time to venture through them all Smile 

Hope this helps!
ALN

Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:21 am
Cherrie68 - Thanks for your reply. I actually tried the "Unroll" button, and when I clicked it, all headers disappeared. Then clicking on the "Roll up" button brought the headers back, but still in a rolled up state.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:38 am
Stickies Only Display Headers Y151fEk

This is another way to set rolled/unrolled but i guess it would use the same code as setting it for one sticky only.

I can not think of a setting that would have this effect you described or i misunderstand what you mean by header.

Are you using the default skin ? If the header disappears like you said , do you only see a rectangle filled with the background colour?

You can check in the "Manage stickies" if the stickies still have their content and under "properties" (Rightclick selected sticky in the left panel) the dimensions of the sticky as stored in the ini file.

You could also download another "skin" from the main website but i must admit i do not have a clue what is going wrong here.....

By default stickies keeps a backup everyday . If you have not added important info you could just restore to yesterday ( if it was then still working ).The backup also contains all parameter settings so if a setting is wrong it would be solved with the restore.
If you take a backup first you could , if needed , extract missing stickies later from the rtf or image files . RightClick the TrayIcon to get the backup/restore functions .

Best of luck,
ALN

Stickies Only Display Headers Empty Stickies Only Display Headers

Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:18 pm
Thanks for your reply Sooyk. Since whatever I originally did caused all of my stickies to roll  up, I used exactly the setting you show in your reply to unroll them. That is when they all disappeared. By disappear, I mean there was no trace of any sticky on my desktop - no blank skin, no rectangle, no content - nothing.

Since then, I went to Manage Stickies, and found all of them, including their content, and I copied the contents of each to a new sticky. So I'm good to go, even though I still have no idea what I did to create the problem.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:02 am
there was no trace of any sticky on my desktop - no blank skin, no rectangle, no content - nothing.

My guess is that the stickies were offscreen . There is an option setting that moves unrolled  stickies to a different position than rolled up.
There is a menu item " Resque Offscreen " in the traymenu ,if it ever happens again you could try it . 

Greetings,
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum