Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SPOOK
SPOOK

2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Empty 2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS

Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:58 pm
P R E L I M I N A R Y
HOLD FOR MANY UPDATES

Tom wrote:  I think it's worth mentioning that not only has the use of Stickies diminished recently (based on download counts and the amount of mail I receive) but that interest in skins has also dropped off a cliff.  Apart from you, I'm not sure that many people are developing, or at least publishing skins any longer.  Like I say, that's likely connected with the reduction in use of Stickies itself.

This does means that my investment in skins is rather lower than it once was.  I'm still maintaining them, but one day that may no longer be the case I'm afraid, and I don't want that day to take you too much by surprise.

Tom
===========================

Zhorn STICKIEs OPTIONS

PREAMBLE
ORIENTATION 
OPTIONS
REFERENCE

SUPPLEMENTAL
SUPPLEMENTAL REFERENCE

THIS FORUM PROJECT
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS The_la10

PREAMBLE

TR - You say that one day you may no longer maintain Stickies, I don't know what that means but it don't sound good, so that  is not a option.

I understand Zhorn Stickies is a big, big, big job for just one guy. I remember eight years ago you told me that "Stickies never really Took Off", and, don't want to do more work. I have kept those two things in the back off my mind for eight years building Stickies.

ORIENTATION

It looks to me like Stickies is trying to Take-Off (See Figure 1) with FF&F (232,577/920,000 = 25% of all Skins Downloaded are now FF&F)

FF&F was thrown around like a rag doll in Period 4. In the first two months FF&F was getting about 4,000 Suite Singles downloaded a week, (At that rate today there would be 3,000,000+ Suite Singles downloaded.) Then TR removed all FF&F Suites from the Browsing Grid (No FF&F "Newest" was the biggest hit.) to a list of Suites on the side, Downloads instantly went to zero.

Then TR reestablished FF&F Suites but below the bottom of the screen, for the ten years before the Browsing Grid never needed to be paged down, (See Figure 24), so very few saw the FF&F Suites below the bottom of the screen. (TR himself told RLD 'I didn't see them below the bottom of the screen so I didn't Update them'.

Seems like all of the Singles (The Non-FF&F Suite Singles) are TRs beloved children.

Starting with Period 5, TR & RLD together, tried to cleanup the Browsing Grid to get more of the Singles Downloaded. There was this big hunken-mass of a 144 FF&F Suite Singles smack in the first half of the Browsing Grid. 

Four reasons to remove all the popular FF&F Suite Singles from the Browsing Grid:

1. To try to get more of TRs beloved Singles (The Non-FF&F Suite Singles) Downloaded.
2. Get that big hunken-mass of a 144 FF&F Suite Singles smack in the first half of the Browsing Grid out of the Browsing Grid. 
3. Quick way of stopping a problem. All of the popular FF&F Suite Singles in the Browsing Grid had the wrong naming convention, there ae now over 40,000 FF&F Suite Singles that are junk for Auto-Updating to FF&F Suites. (Tryed three time to get TR to fix that naming convention.)
4. To grease FF&F Suites back in the Browsing Grid.

The FF&F Suites are back in the Browsing Grid, but pages backward so only a few will see them that haven't heard of them.. 

But look, after 7+ years FF&F is still going like Gang-Busters with FF&F Suite Singles Downloads over 500+ avg/week.

I hope there won't be many more try's to get more of these TRs beloved singles Downloaded. From here on out I'm pushing FF&F and there will be a little of that in the following. (I mean now I'm hearing stuff like 'one day I (TR) may no longer maintain Stickies' and "I (TR) don't want that day to take you too much by surprise.") 

Your good to go TR, you have no worries about Stickies, There all doing fine. (See all of following.)

FIGURE 1: Zhorn STICKIEs TOTAL SKINS DOWNLOADED BY DESIGNER/ON FIRST POST DATE
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Sticki23

FIGURE 2: Zhorn STICKIEs SKINS DOWNLOADS PERIODS
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS 02_sti10

FIGURE 3: Zhorn STICKIEs SKINS DOWNLOADS PERIOD NOTES
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS 03_sti10

FIGURE 4: ZHORN STICKIEs SKINS DOWNLOADS PER PERIOD AVERAGE 
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Sticki55

FIGURE 5: ZHORN STICKIEs SKINS DOWNLOADS PERIODS 3, 4 & 5 + FF&F WEEKLY DOWNLOADS PERIODS 4 & 5 ("ACTUAL")
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS 05_sti10

OPTIONS

I came up with Six Options: Two thru Five will increase Downloads and Six is mostly for fun.

OPTION ONE: Change nothing, continue posting new Singles and Suites and updating Counters. (Reference: Supplemental Section below)

Your in Fat-City TR, FF&F by-it's-self is doing better in period 4 and 5 than Period 3 before FF&F. (See Figure 4 & 5) 

Looks like you could coast with this config forever and be happy with the FF&F Skins Downloaded. And, if you ever get bored or must you can always implement any or all of the following Options. 

OPTION TWO: The Browsing Grid still has to many Singles and Suite Singles.

Create a new section called "Suite Singles" (See Figure 7) Move all Sandiger Suite Singles (56) fron the Browsing Grid to the new "Suite Singles" and restore all FF&F Suite Singles to the same new "Suite Singles". That will be 210 Suite Singles out of the DATE, NEWEST and POPULAR Browsing Grid, leaving about 186 (396 - 210 = 186) Singles and Suites. That should increase Browsing Grid Singles Downloads. 

Use the Browsing Grid format, show by Suite / Suite Single file name. (On FF&F use Suite Single FF&F Presentation file name.)

FIGURE6: Zhorn AS IS
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS 06_12_12

NOTE: "Singles" below replaces "List" above.

FIGURE 7: Zhorn PROPOSED "Suite Singles"
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS 07_13_11

OPTION THREE: Re-Revamp browsing grid.  As people are still browsing the browsing grid as usual but not downloading singles sense the period 5 Revamp.

FIGURE 8: Zhorn PREMISE 1 SUBSTANTIATION 
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Sticki39

FIGURE 9: Zhorn PREMISE 2 SUBSTANTIATION
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Sticki30

2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS 09_fac10

FIGURE10: Zhorn AS IS
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Sticki57

FIGURE 11: Zhorn PROPOSED

2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Sticki58
OPTION FOUR: "Designer" The Top-Ten Designers presented in the same form as the 2016 Browsing grid. (See Figure 13 & 25)

FIGURE 12: ZHORN DESIGNER
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS 07_13_12

FIGURE 13: ZHORN DESIGNER/CYNTHIA 

OPTION FIVE: "Isle of Zhorn", (See Figure 14) When "Isle of Zhorn" is clicked a page map of Zhorn Software loads with Clickable Rollovers (See Figure 15) that will jump to the desired web page. 

Also make the "Isle of Zhorn" logo a "Crown". When the Crown is Clicked a link to the forum where I'll have a page with a PDF that can be Digitally Signed and E-mailed to the King with a Petition to make the "Isle of Zhorn" a Crown Dependency. (I'm sure more people know about Zhorn Stickies than the "Isle of Man".) The King would love this idea, he gets to be a hit with the computer geeks, and it is great publicity, can't cost much.  

Hell, I think we can get you a Knight Hood, from everything I've seen you fit all the requirements. You'll be "Sir Revell", mounted on your mighty black Unicorn Steed both dressed out in hot rod yellow medieval armor, (That would make a great Logo for "Isle of Zhorn") guarding the Realm-Isle of Zhorn.

FIGURE 14: Isle of Zhorn

2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS 07_13_13

FIGURE 15: Isle of Zhorn Map

OPTION SIX: "SLICKIE"(See Figure 16) A Pop-Out or Pop-Down that is whatever you want it to be. Something lite and friendly the user can use to break-up the monotony. Maybe a theme like that Dry British Humor, or your thoughts on things, or announcement or something stupid in the news, could be anything. Could have Subcategories, like WARM-FUZZY or SCREAM. (See Figure 17) 

FIGURE 16: SLICKIE

2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS 07_13_14

FIGURE 17: SLICKIE EXAMPLES

REFERENCE 

FIGURE 21: Zhorn STICKIEs SKINS DOWNLOADS PER PERIOD POST DATE
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Sticki26

FIGURE 22: RLD FF&F SKINS DOWNLOADS TOTAL - 7+ YEARS
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Sticki43

FIGURE 23: RLD FF&F SKINS DOWNLOADS WEEKLY - 7+ YEARS
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Sticki48

FIGURE 24: Zhorn STICKIES - RUNNING TOTALS DOWNLOAD COUNTS
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Sticki45

FIGURE 25: Zhorn 2016 BROWSING GRID
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Sticki10

FIGURE 26: Zhorn 2016 SINGLES PAGE
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Sticki11

SUPPLEMENTAL 

FF&F SUITE X50 Posting needs to be completed.

With everything provided, its been over two months and only two-thirds of FF&F X50 SUITE is Posted. (The smallest Stickie ever made, <2KB, 50 x 50 pixels.) I can't understand how you could not see that you had only done one third of the Posting when you said your first "OK I'm done". 

Then I go in and pullout the two-thirds that you did not do and resubmit for you to finish posting. Then you do about half of that and another "OK I'm done". Make no mistake, I really am grateful for the correcting the Naming Convention to my Presentation Naming Convention. 

I might not get-it, theirs 8 FF&F Suites already Posted up there, all Posted by you and all the same posting presentation. From my perspective all you had to do was Copy. edit a few things and paste. I mean, I even numbered the changes for you and made the edits red. 

The last two proposed Postings (FF&F Suite 4 and this FF&F Suite X50) where submitted perfect for Posting and you did same or similar "OK, I'm done" on FF&F Suite 4.

FF&F 2, 3 & 4 need a Revision Update for v10 Updates.

The following FF&F future Postings should shore-up any lagging's on FF&F Downloads.

There will be 4 more FF&F English Suites (16 Singles each) that will require the regular Suite Posting Treatment. 

FF&F SUITE 5
FF&F TRUE POSITION T 3 (TEMPLATE)
FF&F TRUE POSITION B 3 (TEMPLATE)
FF&F AASR (Attach, Alarm, Sleep & Recur)

Those four will complete English FF&F, then I can put a presentation together showing how they all work together. Then finish up all the FF&F Docs. (FF&F will be indestructible.) If you think about it, a beautiful thing it is. and FF&F will continue to take-off like Gang-Busters. (208 FF&F English Skins Total)

And THEN the Language Suites (16 Singles each) that will just be a Hyper-Link to Download as is presently used, almost no work at all for you. (this fits "no more work")

(If you are not going to update the Stickie.exe I can start to remove the Revisions and lock them in for prosperity.) 

SUPPLEMENTAL REFERENCE

FIGURE A: RLD FF&F STICKIES BUILD
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Sticki51

FIGURE B: Zhorn Forumotion RLD FF&F DOCs INDEX
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Fff_do11

FIGURE C: Zhorn Forumotion RLD COMMON STICKIE BUILD HELP
2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Skinne24

FIGURE D: Zhorn Forumotion RLD SKINNER FORUM THREADS

2024-07-21 Zhorn OPTIONS Forum_11
=======================

THIS FORUM PROJECT