Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
kaptah

Cursor colour Empty Cursor colour

Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:41 pm
Is it possible to change cursor colour when certain background and font colours are used?
Cursor is barely visible under some conditions.

Cursor colour RqJbxmg+DuAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
Cursor colour NzPKvSvDG+4AAAAASUVORK5CYII=
Here it's visible because this message system enlarges pictures. I find it very difficult to locate cursor on my screen, especially on blue background.
Thickening cursour with one more pixel would also help, I think.

Selected text could also be better shown:
Cursor colour YSw0yCuduIzpwDkAW8mAlAAEAkAGiASADRAJABogEgA0ACRAKABIgFAA0QCgAaIBAANEAkAGiASADRAJABogEgA0JDZBQwA8MYQiQoDAHIg+j9HPKByZ7MxMgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Middle row, middle "Test" is selected.
guest_today

Cursor colour Empty Re: Cursor colour

Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:07 pm
You can change the cursor thickness in windows "Settings "  and then " Ease of Access " .As far as i known the colour selection for the selected text and cursor is hardcoded into the RichEdit control and changes with the background in some way .....
kaptah

Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:18 pm
Thanks for reply. I think I just swallow this with stickies then. I don't want OS wide fat cursors.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:58 pm
Stickies uses a MS library to handle the text entry, and the cursor is provided by that library (Rich Edit).  It doesn't expose everything for change - the colour of the hyperlinks is the thing I'd really like to be able to alter - but to change that I'd have to write the library from scratch (or perhaps appeal to MS to ask them to add the feature to the library!)

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum