Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Sugarcane

Use Scroll Lock LED on keyboard to show status of Caffeine Empty Use Scroll Lock LED on keyboard to show status of Caffeine

Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:47 pm
Hi there,

First off all, Caffeine works great for me. Really appreciate your work. I was wondering, if it is possible to show (and of course toggle) the status of Caffeine while the tray icon is hidden. I know I could just show the tray icon and toggle by double-click or context menu, but I like my tray as lean as possible, so I use Caffeine without showing up in the tray. Also, setting up different key combinations for shortcuts to control the current Caffeine instance is only half the solution, because I don't see the status.

Previously I was using SpeedAutoClicker, to generate activity, but that thing also shows a tray icon – and it cannot be hidden like Caffeine. But SpeedAutoClicker has a feature where you can set a key to toggle its function on/off. I use the Scroll Lock key, since it is rather irrelevant these days and the side-effect is, that the LED on the keyboard shows the actual state.

I think, that would be a pretty nice addition for Caffeine, too. Then I could run it without a tray icon, toggle it on/off with the Scroll Lock key and also see the actual state on the keyboard.

What do you think? Is it useful?
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum